Do We Have A Choice 3/31/16

Talk about the comic

Do We Have A Choice 3/31/16

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:18 am

I love that face she's making. I feel that way whenever I had to talk to a rude teacher.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Re: Do We Have A Choice 3/31/16

Postby Qaint » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:51 am

This one was funny, but I think he has been equal parts helpful and critical of her art. So he could help.

Or they could slip the counselor isn't there, and Fitz might have a fit on their behalf.
Yes, I'm being a hypocrite. No, you should still calm down, it's valid.
Qaint
Chewy Caramel

Postby Rheinhard » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:51 pm

final panel caption:
I'm doing this as hard as I can !!

================================================

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche..."

- Galactic Heroes series II
Rheinhard
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Weltall84 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:07 pm

Qaint wrote:This one was funny, but I think he has been equal parts helpful and critical of her art. So he could help.

Or they could slip the counselor isn't there, and Fitz might have a fit on their behalf.

In a sort of mostly indirect way; while we've seen Fitz DOES have some Teacher skills; he spent the first semester mostly coming off as a preachy art hipster who had a lot to be desired for his teaching methods. Later we see he can have mentor-moments but mostly after he's frustrated his students and come off as the LAST person they'd want to talk too. Not a very effective teacher, your students don't have to like you nor do your (or in many cases should) be buddies, but a good teacher has to inspire the students to want to learn from them.

He really, reaaaaaaally failed at inspiring that and came off as one of those insufferable teacher nobody wants. So yeah can't really blame Candi for thinking 'fuck no'.

On the other hand, the pragmatic thing to do WOULD be to talk to him, even if it's a long shot. Plus you have a point if he hears the counselor isn't ever around he may feel compelled to go to bat for them... or not it is Fitz.
I am the Follower of Optimus Prime, apprentice to the King of Braves GaoGaiGar, member of the Strawhat Pirates, and eternal fan of Fred Perry. I am the UNB!
Weltall84
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby BenjaminT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Considering the last time we saw Fitz he was challenging her to do more and harder work for her portfolio it makes sense that she's not looking forward to talking to him again about her portfolio. Honestly, if there was a counselor that was always unavailable I'd be wanting to talk to that person's boss (department head, maybe?). I'd probably be talking to as many professors as I could instead of just Fitz. They have had other art teachers, right?
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby PaulJones202718 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:29 pm

Candi does not like this guy and it shows. Reason: he made the miscalculation of flat out telling her that she should expand her horizons and probe into the darker parts of herself. Getting to admit that Jerkass has a point is going to take as long as admitting that yeah, she's sort of attracted to Chris despite his not being up his ass about everything.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby clif » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:17 am

Candi, there's always a choice.

No-one said it would be a good choice though.

<insirt obvious political joke here>
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby carbuncle1992 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:37 pm

1.) This was posted on my birthday! :)

2.)

"Mr. Fitz, I wanted help with-"
"B-"
"But I just-"
"C"
"But-"
"D-----"
"...."
carbuncle1992
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Attalus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:18 am

C'mon, Candi, swallow your pride and ask him for help. The guy knows his stuff and will challenge you to do better. That's the point of advice, no?
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby ShadeTail » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:51 pm

We can't really blame her. Fitz has moments of genuine teaching, but by any fair and objective measure, he's been a huge asshole most of the time.

Though given *this*, he might be willing to be less unreasonable this time.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Ahh...reading that again, I'm guessing that Fitz is in charge of the major they most want to get into. Even if he isn't, it is still a lot more clear why they are thinking of talking to him rather than some other art professor.

"We will be spending time later this semester going over your portfolios before you submit them to the professors who are in charge of the programs in your chosen majors."

So the counselor is supposed to be available for advice, but Fitz is in charge of looking over their portfolios and giving feedback (and possibly the professor that they will ultimately get submitted to). OR....Maybe Fitz will be in charge of another program that Candi would rather not get into...but she may have to accept it as a fallback if she doesn't get accepted into her top choice. I would feel sad for Candi if that happened but it could make for interesting drama.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Warrl » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:52 am

Benjamin, I wish you'd posted a link to the comic you got that quote from. It was in an earlier arc where Fitz learned about the supposed advisor being perpetually unavailable. If he isn't monitoring that situation (which would disappoint me somewhat) I bet he'd rather be informed that it hasn't been corrected.
Warrl
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby BenjaminT » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:33 am

Warrl, it was the link that Shadetail posted right before me. Sorry I didn't quote her or repost the link.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Return to Candi Comics Discussion