(02/01/16) I Miss Matt

Talk about the comic

Re: (02/01/16) I Miss Matt

Postby LadyObvious23 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:07 am

It isn't. But not telling your boyfriend your going to go to a strip club might be an issue. Might be. Mostly because Matt is a bit of a drama queen and might think the wrong thing. Like if he doesn't find out about the Laura part.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby BenjaminT » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:34 am

gaeila wrote:I don't see Trevor doing anything wrong right now. He's not currently ogling, he's just sad and missing Matt. That is a sign of character growth, compared to Trevor at the beginning of the comic. Historically, Matt's been the Olympic-level ogler.

I can't see anything Trevor needs to "confess" to Matt. It's just a night out with most of the housemates...and I suspect Trevor will go home early. Alone. And lonely for Matt.

Slightly baffled by a few of the preceding posts that imply Trevor being naughty or wrongdoing somehow...

Confusedly,

gaeila

I don't see Trevor as being naughty. As for the use of the term confess, I guess I was thinking of his earlier reaction when he first got to the club. He's clearly conflicted. Apparently he hasn't talked to Matt about this kind of thing in the past. It's close enough to the border of what he knows Matt would be fine with that he's unsure and trying to convince himself. HE may feel like "confessing" just to relieve his own stress about it. "Hey, I know it's not a huge deal because [such and such] but when I got there I was really uncomfortable so I thought I'd tell you..."

Trevor is actively thinking about how his actions would make Matt feel. I was just saying that in comparison I think that Matt is much less likely to be thinking about how Trevor would feel about his own actions (whatever they might be right now out in Europe). I'm guessing that Matt would be much less stressed about it if put in a similar situation where his friends invited him to go to a club with pole dancers. If Trevor were to find that out, he might feel a bit more hurt even though he claims he wouldn't have a problem with it. And honestly I don't think the hurt would be about the pole dancers but about the imbalance that currently appears to exist between how much Trevor thinks about Matt and is concerned about him compared to how much Matt does the same about Trevor.

And honestly... all of this from me was triggered by Attalus's statement that he/she doesn't like Trevor (which I don't think had anything to do with current events but earlier stuff). Me? I'm liking Trevor more and more but Matt is the one I've been more disappointed by over time (I started off really liking Matt and it's not like I hate him now, I just cooled a bit to him).
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby carbuncle1992 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:15 pm

Starline wrote:
Qeeko wrote:Didn't Trevor have a haircut? Like... very recently?

.... I totally forgot about the haircut.

(I gotta go back and fix the strips.)

http://candicomics.com/d/20151120.html

:) You missed this strip, his first appearance after the haircut. <3 Love you and your art.
carbuncle1992
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby clif » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 am

UnstoppableTaboo wrote:Wow, that first panel is stunning. :shock:

Yeah, it is.

In an unrelated note, I miss the old Trev.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Starline » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:05 am

carbuncle1992 wrote:
Starline wrote:
Qeeko wrote:Didn't Trevor have a haircut? Like... very recently?

.... I totally forgot about the haircut.

(I gotta go back and fix the strips.)

http://candicomics.com/d/20151120.html

:) You missed this strip, his first appearance after the haircut. <3 Love you and your art.

hahaha aw geez. That's what happens when you draw a character for over 10 years and try to change him up a bit... reflexes.
Starline
Comic Creator

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion