Weird Monogamous Types 10/23/15

Talk about the comic

Re: Weird Monogamous Types 10/23/15

Postby clif » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Moxley wrote:It's interesting and odd to me that Linda seems to keep using Candi as an example of what she finds to be "weird". In one of the previous arcs, Linda's thoughts took a turn for optimistic bordering on naive, and then her next thought was, "I sound like Candi", and here she is comparing Thad's relationship preferences to Candi's. I wonder why she seems to think Candi is so weird--even if Candi was/is weird, I would wager a bet that Candi WAS the only real friend Linda ever had. Yet, Linda doesn't seem to find it at all weird (at best) or even morally/emotionally questionable that she would want to steal her friend's boyfriend for herself.

Maybe Linda and Katia can be friends. Maybe. They both could probably learn some things from each other.

Maybe Linda could steal Katia's next boyfriend.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Sylvanaerie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:00 am

clif wrote:
Moxley wrote:It's interesting and odd to me that Linda seems to keep using Candi as an example of what she finds to be "weird". In one of the previous arcs, Linda's thoughts took a turn for optimistic bordering on naive, and then her next thought was, "I sound like Candi", and here she is comparing Thad's relationship preferences to Candi's. I wonder why she seems to think Candi is so weird--even if Candi was/is weird, I would wager a bet that Candi WAS the only real friend Linda ever had. Yet, Linda doesn't seem to find it at all weird (at best) or even morally/emotionally questionable that she would want to steal her friend's boyfriend for herself.

Maybe Linda and Katia can be friends. Maybe. They both could probably learn some things from each other.

Linda might do it, but it wouldn't have the payoff of dramaz that she craves because Katia wouldn't care. There's no emotional payoff for her since there's no drama. And I doubt Linda has the patience to wait the time its going to take for Katia to get sowing her oats out of her system to actually connect with someone on more than a physical level.
Sylvanaerie
Super Skittle

Postby Moxley » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:09 am

Sylvanaerie wrote:
clif wrote:

Linda might do it, but it wouldn't have the payoff of dramaz that she craves because Katia wouldn't care. There's no emotional payoff for her since there's no drama. And I doubt Linda has the patience to wait the time its going to take for Katia to get sowing her oats out of her system to actually connect with someone on more than a physical level.

Well, there was that whole Alex-banging-Katia-behind-Linda's-back thing, so it could (for Linda) be another weird form of vengeance. Although, I was happy to see that Linda was angry towards Alex rather than Katia, since Linda lied from the get-go and Katia being Katia . . . yeah.

Still, I hope Linda has put her relationship-destroying ways behind her. Only time will tell!
Ich bin Wahrheit, ich bin Lüge~
Moxley
Gum Ball Boss

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion