You Move On 9/16/15

Talk about the comic

You Move On 9/16/15

Postby LadyObvious23 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:22 pm

So maybe no romance. At least it didn't hurt him too deeply.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Re: You Move On 9/16/15

Postby PaulJones202718 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:59 am

At least he's aware of when people aren't into things. That puts him ahead of a lot of people.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:06 am

^ And to add to that, at least Jess A) knew herself well enough to know what she did and didn't want and B) communicated that as soon as possible. Which also puts her ahead of a lot of people. :)
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Fereshte » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:28 am

Geez, Thad. If Jess had been white, would you have identified her as the while girl? Not cool.
Fereshte
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby g33x0R » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:15 am

Called it. :-)

Also, yeah, but at least he identified her first as Candi's roommate, *then* narrowed it down to `the black girl', and then, probably -- finally remembered her name. Kind of fits, because they don't know each other that well. Or maybe it just seems normal to me, because I suck at names...

Two thing I hope for, here;
  • The conversation shifts to Chris's new interest -- and a closer inspection, by Chris, of his own motives there. Not that there's anything wrong with his motives, just helps to clarify what you're doing, why, and whose feelings could get hurt if you do it wrong [including his own. I mean, they are good friends, and the possibility of losing a friend doesn't appeal to most people],
  • Thad gets some further insight into his own situation, and how to handle it better [either with a little help from Chris, or just a random byproduct of talking about this kind of thing, with someone who's fairly clueful about this kind of thing]. He is trying, but it's not quite working yet. Hope it does.

Cheers,
Patrick.
"No human motive is ever entirely pure."
-- William Gibson, `The Winter Market'
g33x0R
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby Attalus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 am

Fereshte wrote:Geez, Thad. If Jess had been white, would you have identified her as the while girl? Not cool.
But, then, name one cool thing Thud has ever done in this strip. Nada. :P
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby Warrl » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Fereshte wrote:Geez, Thad. If Jess had been white, would you have identified her as the while girl? Not cool.

I'm sure that if Jess were white, and all of Candi's other female housemates were visibly nonwhite, Thad would have identified her as the white girl - because he was looking for distinctive things to identify whom he was referring to, and being the only candidate who's white would be distinctive.
Warrl
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Amethyst Shadow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Warrl wrote:

I'm sure that if Jess were white, and all of Candi's other female housemates were visibly nonwhite, Thad would have identified her as the white girl - because he was looking for distinctive things to identify whom he was referring to, and being the only candidate who's white would be distinctive.

Not to mention people are overlooking the "..." which indicates a pause. As in he had to stop and think to remember Jess' name. seriously folks are trying to find some deep meaning at the bottom of a thimble.
Amethyst Shadow
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Tarvok » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:56 pm

He was really into Jess. He asked, she answered no, he moved on. This is the way things are *supposed* to work.

Yet it so often goes one of these ways:

"He asked, she evaded, he asked, she evaded, he asked, she evaded... he finally just quit in frustration."

or

"He asked, she evaded, he asked, she said maybe no, he stalked, he asked, she said no, but he never really moved on..."

or

"He asked, she said get away from me you creepy creepy guy, how dare you ask me out..."
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Postby PaulJones202718 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:29 am

Tarvok wrote:He was really into Jess. He asked, she answered no, he moved on. This is the way things are *supposed* to work.

Yet it so often goes one of these ways:

"He asked, she evaded, he asked, she evaded, he asked, she evaded... he finally just quit in frustration."

or

"He asked, she evaded, he asked, she said maybe no, he stalked, he asked, she said no, but he never really moved on..."

or

"He asked, she said get away from me you creepy creepy guy, how dare you ask me out..."

It also goes that when people do what he did, they assume the middle one.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Return to Candi Comics Discussion