Or whatever you seem to be dealing with, 11 September 2015

Talk about the comic

Re: Or whatever you seem to be dealing with, 11 September 20

Postby g33x0R » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:41 pm

...Or in this case, you may be confusing romantic love with a confusion about romantic love.

[That said, yeah, maybe he's just lonely and getting tired of shallow inv... more like uninvolvements, really. :-\ But at least he's been making an effort to change something he doesn't like.]

Cheers,
Patrick.
"No human motive is ever entirely pure."
-- William Gibson, `The Winter Market'
g33x0R
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby clif » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 pm

cursormortis wrote:I also think he really doesn't get what Thad's dealing with. Thoughts on love aside, I don't think he's ever wanted a girl to be monogamous to him to the point that it ruins his other dates. As long as he wakes up with a girl in his bed, I don't think he cares much if she was in someone else's last night.

LadyObvious23 wrote:Or he's aromantic and isn't interested in romantic relationships?

Not sure, but I think that's more or less what he said.

LadyObvious23 wrote:Sometimes people confuse romantic love with other things. Trust me,I know. :(

And thereby hangs a tale.

?
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby BenjaminT » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:07 am

It could be that he's a lot like Candi but without the uncomfortable feelings about sex.

Candi has stated that it's very rare for her to feel lots of feelings toward a guy. I wouldn't say that she's aromantic. If anything she's so romantic that any feelings she has is downplayed unless/until it is huge and she can imagine it being eternal. Perhaps it takes a lot for Chris to have strong feelings about a girl and he actually hasn't felt twitterpated about anyone just yet but he may still be a romantic deep down...he just hasn't had an opportunity to explore that with someone yet.

So maybe what happened with Jess was him feeling the slight twinge of a shift for him in STARTING to have feelings for her but not really quite there yet. Or alternatively, it was him trying to create those kinds of feelings with Jess because the emptiness he was feeling in shallow relationships is finally starting to get to him.

I find it a bit of a stretch that he doesn't get what Thad is going through, though, even if he hasn't experienced it himself. It's not like he hasn't seen it portrayed in popular culture left and right. He can still understand it intellectually even if he can't quite imagine what it feels like personally.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby BenjaminT » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:12 am

I also highly suspect that Chris got such kicks out of messing with the tennis team in general and Alex specifically because he either consciously or subconsciously experienced a slight sensation not altogether different from Thad when Chris saw Candi with Alex.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby g33x0R » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:36 pm

People are weird. The thing about all this speculation, especially the contradictory stuff, is that it's probably all true to some degree.

Cheers,
Patrick.
"No human motive is ever entirely pure."
-- William Gibson, `The Winter Market'
g33x0R
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion