Why Is This Hard? (9/8/15)

Talk about the comic

Why Is This Hard? (9/8/15)

Postby SAGG » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Because Thad can't get over Katia, Chris, which makes it worse for both of them! They're not on the same page!! :lol:
SAGG
Super Skittle

Re: Why Is This Hard? (9/8/15)

Postby Lasenna » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Interestingly, I think this is one where Chris can really relate, because he was in this exact same situation with Jess, yet never resolved it to his satisfaction. It will be interesting to see if Thad's able to come up with a solution that could help Chris come to terms with his hollow relationships, too.
Lasenna
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby PaulJones202718 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:28 am

Tune in next time when Chris says "There's this woman I thought was THE ONE but she didn't see it that way....it happens all the time."
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Sylvanaerie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:58 am

At least he's voiced it aloud to someone. Wish he could just put it out there for Katia and let her decide if she is willing to string him along or have the courage to cut him loose so he can move on and find someone else.

I hope they manage to resolve this and it doesn't turn into another Candi/Jon situation where no one mentions the elephant in the room even though its blocking the TV.
Sylvanaerie
Super Skittle

Postby BenjaminT » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 am

It would be interesting if Chris started to wonder if anyone special ever assumed he would never want to be exclusive with them.

Maybe Thad will ask, "You date around a lot. If you ever wanted to get serious with someone, how would they know for sure that you really could be (and wanted to be) exclusive?"
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby g33x0R » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:24 am

Isn't that the exact question Candi's been not-quite-asking for several strips now? Yeah, might help if Thad asked him that to his face.

Lasenna wrote:Interestingly, I think this is one where Chris can really relate, because he was in this exact same situation with Jess, yet never resolved it to his satisfaction. It will be interesting to see if Thad's able to come up with a solution that could help Chris come to terms with his hollow relationships, too.

I think he's already aware of that, and is trying to do something about it [with Candi], but that's not quite the same as saying it out loud. And come to think of it, there probably is some unexamined Jess baggage, which needs some examination before he tries the same thing with someone else.

I really wonder how it'll go, with Thad and Katia. She could change her mind and go back to him, exclusively. If not, or if not soon enough, he could find someone else. Or... She could change her mind and be exclusive with someone else [just hope he's got a steady girlfriend at that point, if she does :-\ ]. Or something else I hadn't thought of -- yeah, probably that.

The not knowing is what keeps me reading. Starline's good at that.

Cheers,
Patrick.
"No human motive is ever entirely pure."
-- William Gibson, `The Winter Market'
g33x0R
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby BenjaminT » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:54 am

My guesses are usually wrong (or at least not completely right) but I would guess that whether they end up together or not, Starline will drag it out a bit. In the short term, it's more likely that one of them will get more serious with someone else (this will help in the dragging it out bit). This will most likely be Thad but I wouldn't put it past Starline to surprise us. Maybe Linda will help hook Katia up with someone (perhaps even in another attempt at creating jealousy). Another possibility is that Thad will either run a bit parallel to Jon and try to make the relationship that is available into something more in hopes that it will someday compare to the love he imagines with someone else. Or Thad could show a contrast between him and Jon. I could see Thad being more upfront with all involved and we could see how that plays out. I'm definitely interested in seeing where Starline goes with this.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Why doesn't Thad try to talk to Katia? He needs to talk to her about being so uncomfortable with this kind of dating. DX
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby BenjaminT » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Maybe at the time he said it (that he was okay with what she wanted from their relationship) he thought he could feel differently about it (for her sake, if nothing else) and he's only now starting to realize it's easier said than done. He may be reluctant to talk to her because he told her earlier that he was okay and now thinks it's difficult to take that back without making a big deal out of things.

Also, the last conversation they had didn't end so well, so he may be having a lot of mixed feelings that he's struggling to interpret. On the one hand, he's mad and may want to be done with it all, on the other hand, he can't stop thinking about her and comparing others to her. A lot of times people postpone talking to others about their feelings until they have them all sorted out first.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Longlivetheking » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:13 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:Why doesn't Thad try to talk to Katia? He needs to talk to her about being so uncomfortable with this kind of dating. DX

Probably because Linda was right about a couple of things Thad is feeling; probably embarrassed, doesn't want to come off as pushy if he states that he wants to be exclusive with her, and he's currently making poor life choices. But he's also like a freshman SO that's to be expected.

Instead of allowing Katia to continue to date him when she expressed interest in not being exclusive, he should've immediately severed all romantic ties. They can still be friends, but he should have drawn the line at dating after she said that, since it's basically him torturing himself by continuing to go out with her, even though she hasn't changed her mind at all.

Buuut, of course, Thad didn't do that and is now stuck between a rock and hard place. He needs to tell Katia how he honestly feels, and basically cut off the dates. It would be good for Katia to actually have to talk to other people.
Longlivetheking
Chewy Caramel

Postby clif » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 pm

Stand by for words of wisdom from Chris in 3, 2, 1....
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby clif » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Sylvanaerie wrote:I hope they manage to resolve this and it doesn't turn into another Candi/Jon situation where no one mentions the elephant in the room even though its blocking the TV.

No fears. Candi and Jon and the elephant are special and unique.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Sylvanaerie » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:08 am

clif wrote:
Sylvanaerie wrote:I hope they manage to resolve this and it doesn't turn into another Candi/Jon situation where no one mentions the elephant in the room even though its blocking the TV.

No fears. Candi and Jon and the elephant are special and unique.

LOL
Sylvanaerie
Super Skittle

Return to Candi Comics Discussion