Please stop, 3 September 2015

Talk about the comic

Please stop, 3 September 2015

Postby PaulJones202718 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:04 am

Well, once Chris finally realizes that he isn't talking about weird sex, he'll be of more use to Thad. Until then, he's kind of proving why it is that Candi has doubts about him.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Re: Please stop, 3 September 2015

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:10 am

It's weirdly refreshing to see Chris acting like the fratboy manchild he (sort of) is. It's nice and all that Candi's seeing him in a new light, but it's not like he's actually changed, and if the comic somehow started presenting him in a way that matched Candi's new, shiny worldview, it'd be a little bit odd.

Also I see Chris and Steve from QC have both shared that pleasant little experience. :lol:
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Fereshte » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:08 am

Ha! Kind of nice to know Chris isn't strictly vanilla!
Fereshte
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby SAGG » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Too. Much. Info... :lol:
SAGG
Super Skittle

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 am

He's not as heteronormative as he seems. Thad needs to say that he isn't okay with being nonmonogamous. :/ Because it's really not healthy for him and it's super unfair.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby g33x0R » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Heteronormative. Hmm. I think guys tend to feel a little weird about having a finger up their -- you know, he didn't actually say `ass'. Just noticed that. Reminds me of a girlfriend of a friend, who got really bored waiting in line to see a `Star Wars' movie once, and started going around offering to pick our noses for us, just to see what kinds of reactions she'd get.

But I digress. And that's probably *not* what he meant. And a finger up my nose wouldn't turn me on either [I politely declined her offer, btw].

So, where was I? Right, homophobia. The aversion to some things anal probably does come down to mild homophobia. Personally it's more the smell, the thought of it rubbing off on bits you might want to put in your mouth later, and in the case of penetrating rather than being penetrated, I can't see much point because that's nowhere near her G-spot.

In any case, Chris has missed Thad's point. No problem, I might have missed Chris's point.

In theory, I `get' playing the field, dating several people before deciding who's your best match -- or just dating several people, ongoing. It's also a nice way to avoid getting too focused on one person, too early in a relationship. But in practise, I've always been a serial monogamist. :-\ So I get where Thad's coming from, here.

Oh well,
Patrick.
"No human motive is ever entirely pure."
-- William Gibson, `The Winter Market'
g33x0R
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby carbuncle1992 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Guys I think we're forgetting to view these characters as people and not as cookie-cutters.

Like, I think from what we've seen of Chris? He's -not- stupid. He's not some lecher who can't help making everything about sex.

I get the feeling, from past experiences with him, that when he's talking sex like this that he's only joking. He's not some dumb brute missing the point. He likes to bring it up in front of Candi because he likes to tease her, he's bringing it up in front of his guy friend to lighten the mood and maybe make his friend feel better. He's just a bro being a bro.

He has experience with girls, he knows what it's like to have a bad date. He's not going to honestly assume the only way a date can end badly is if she gives you unwanted butt-fingers.
carbuncle1992
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby g33x0R » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Aaah, the `Are you gassy?' gambit.

If he's kidding, I wonder if Thad's figured out that he's kidding yet. I hadn't...

Cheers,
Patrick.
g33x0R

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:43 am

^ Interesting parallel. There seems to be a common... theme behind that gambit. :? Apparently butts humour is the ultimate method of diffusing tension.
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby clif » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:06 am

You know. in some ways Candi and Thad are a little similar and Chris and Katia are a little similar. In other ways of course, they're at the opposite end of the spectrum.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 am

g33x0R wrote:Heteronormative. Hmm. I think guys tend to feel a little weird about having a finger up their -- you know, he didn't actually say `ass'. Just noticed that. Reminds me of a girlfriend of a friend, who got really bored waiting in line to see a `Star Wars' movie once, and started going around offering to pick our noses for us, just to see what kinds of reactions she'd get.

But I digress. And that's probably *not* what he meant. And a finger up my nose wouldn't turn me on either [I politely declined her offer, btw].

So, where was I? Right, homophobia. The aversion to some things anal probably does come down to mild homophobia. Personally it's more the smell, the thought of it rubbing off on bits you might want to put in your mouth later, and in the case of penetrating rather than being penetrated, I can't see much point because that's nowhere near her G-spot.

In any case, Chris has missed Thad's point. No problem, I might have missed Chris's point.

In theory, I `get' playing the field, dating several people before deciding who's your best match -- or just dating several people, ongoing. It's also a nice way to avoid getting too focused on one person, too early in a relationship. But in practise, I've always been a serial monogamist. :-\ So I get where Thad's coming from, here.

Oh well,
Patrick.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteronormativity That's what heteronormative means.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby g33x0R » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Yeah, the term implies a certain amount of homophobia. Is the cause of it, in fact, as well as a few other things. That's why I treated the two as practically synonymous.

I bet most heteronormative types would disapprove of nasal stimulation too, btw.

BTW, you used the term improperly. Enjoying something, or not enjoying it, is not a social issue and is really no one's business but your own. It's not heteronormative. Presuming to tell *other* people what they should or should not enjoy is.

Cheers,
Patrick.
g33x0R

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:18 pm

-______- Oh I'm not? Gee. It's like you aren't understanding something that I wrote that's deeply ingrained in our society by straight people and going "nose picking wouldn't be okay in any situation either!" Which isn't the same friggin thing at all.

Nor is it really the same as homophobia. ]=<
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby g33x0R » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:02 pm

Aha, no! I did *not* presume to tell anyone what they should or should not enjoy with the consenting adult of their choice. I merely stated a preference [for example, declining a friend's offer to pick my nose for me. That actually happened, btw]. You assumed the rest -- falsely.

If you don't like the sound of your own inferences, that's your problem not mine.

Cheers,
Patrick.
g33x0R

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Chris seemingly being comfortable with girls doing it after is what makes him less heteronormative. He has even said as much that he's fine with it. Hell he doesn't sound like she did that without his consent. :/

Thad on the other hand has had no experience with that. So where did the unconsenting part come in?
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion