I just wanted to know how his date went..27-07-2015

Talk about the comic

I just wanted to know how his date went..27-07-2015

Postby pixiewolfe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:22 am

Wow, Linda has some good feedback for Katia. That is surprising .
pixiewolfe
Chocolate Champion

Re: I just wanted to know how his date went..27-07-2015

Postby BlueRoses » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05 am

.... Linda, stop being insightful. It's weirding me out.
BlueRoses
Gum Ball Boss

Postby carbuncle1992 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 am

BlueRoses wrote:.... Linda, stop being insightful. It's weirding me out.

I don't know...

I mean, Linda is a user and an abuser, but she -is- a pretty insightful character. That's what makes her good at what she does in the first place. Albeit, she got with Alex, and apparently it's not hard to make him cheat, but she was really good at asking Candi the right questions and telling Alex the right things, just to steal him, and keep him until the very end where she decided to break up with him.
carbuncle1992
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby pixiewolfe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 am

carbuncle1992 wrote:

I don't know...

I mean, Linda is a user and an abuser, but she -is- a pretty insightful character. That's what makes her good at what she does in the first place. Albeit, she got with Alex, and apparently it's not hard to make him cheat, but she was really good at asking Candi the right questions and telling Alex the right things, just to steal him, and keep him until the very end where she decided to break up with him.

She should have stuck to being a lawyer. Or is she still doing that? She is very good at getting information and putting the pieces together. Not very good at what to do with the information but she could grow up and learn to be tactful still..?
pixiewolfe
Chocolate Champion

Postby Sylvanaerie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:04 am

LOL I know right?

Looks like the Linda/Katia thing might just be good both ways for both of them. Since Katia doesn't have anything she wants, Linda doesn't feel obligated to be "on" all the time, so she can be pretty blunt and open with her. And Katia gets some good advice.
Sylvanaerie
Super Skittle

Postby wellheck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:07 am

If Linda wasn't such a stab-a-fellow-woman-in-the-back bitch I'd say she's matured. No one changes that easily and not for long. Wait for it....
wellheck
Chocolate Champion

Postby ailorn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 am

I was really confused for a second. I had completely forgotten about this story line. I don't think Linda changed. I think Linda gets something from being the relationship savvy "friend". That was the role she played with Candi up until she wanted Alex. I don't see her wanting Thad, but then Katia isn't super into him either.
ailorn
Chocolate Champion

Postby Longlivetheking » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:56 am

ailorn wrote:I was really confused for a second. I had completely forgotten about this story line. I don't think Linda changed. I think Linda gets something from being the relationship savvy "friend". That was the role she played with Candi up until she wanted Alex. I don't see her wanting Thad, but then Katia isn't super into him either.

Well, Linda did state that she basically has no friends, y'know, after her whole backstabbing boyfriend stealing plan went pear shaped, as it usually does. She might just be getting....friendship/companionship/someone to talk to out of this thing with Katia; Katia has been the one person who actually approached her and attempted to be her friend after she killed her social life.
Longlivetheking
Chewy Caramel

Postby Attalus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:16 am

carbuncle1992 wrote:

I don't know...

Yes, weasels are smart, cunning, clever and observant, all of which fit Linda like that top she is wearing. None of which are particularly likable traits. Study hard for the LSAT, Linda; you, too, might get your name on the firm's letterhead.
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby Sparrowhawk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 am

Attalus wrote:Yes, weasels are smart, cunning, clever and observant, all of which fit Linda like that top she is wearing. None of which are particularly likable traits.

I think I disagree with you on that one. Those are pretty likable traits, and if Linda finally realizes that she did a bad thing to Candi and is remorseful about it, she can use those traits for good. Kind of like she's doing now, and (hopefully) making Katia realize that there are two or more people in a relationship, and her desire to know does not trump someone's feelings.
Sparrowhawk
Chewy Caramel

Postby PaulJones202718 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:33 am

It would seem that she doesn't know enough about Katia to understand why she doesn't get that. Hmm. A smarter, nastier person (like me) might be inspired to turn her question back on her and ask how come she doesn't get that not everyone thinks like she does.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Linkindarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 pm

The amount of people who think that Linda is the root of all evil, and that all her actions and thoughts have motives, is just... too damn high. She's being a friend here. Based on this comic strip, it looks like they were chatting and this topic just came up. Linda is being helpful with no ulterior motive, since it seems like Starline is bent on putting her on the good path again.
Linkindarkness
Lemon Drop Lurker

Postby Longlivetheking » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Linkindarkness wrote:The amount of people who think that Linda is the root of all evil, and that all her actions and thoughts have motives, is just... too damn high. She's being a friend here. Based on this comic strip, it looks like they were chatting and this topic just came up. Linda is being helpful with no ulterior motive, since it seems like Starline is bent on putting her on the good path again.

Shocking, it's like people.....can change. I think she still needs to come to terms with the whole 'what I did was wrong' thing with Candi, but she's getting there, slowly. Katia is being a good influence on her too, and I think they'll be able to balance each other if they remain friends.
Longlivetheking
Chewy Caramel

Postby tounces7 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Attalus wrote:
carbuncle1992 wrote:

I don't know...

Yes, weasels are smart, cunning, clever and observant, all of which fit Linda like that top she is wearing. None of which are particularly likable traits. Study hard for the LSAT, Linda; you, too, might get your name on the firm's letterhead.

Seriously?

So you'd prefer someone who is dumb, dull, foolish, and negligent?
tounces7
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Tarvok » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Even more shocking is that people who are evil some times are not evil other times. As Sylvanaerie pointed out, Linda isn't in this relationship to take anything, and is probably just there for a lack of anything better to do. "Moustache-twirling" evil is for fantasy stories, and flying talking ferrets aside, this is not a fantasy story. This is a real people story, and real people are complex. Even the worst people can be useful at times. Even the best people can be complete douches at times. Nobody is unredeemable (though many are unredeemable by any given person, another may be able to get through to them, or find their good points), and but for the grace of God, there go we all.
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion