I'm Gonna Go (7/13/15)

Talk about the comic

Re: I'm Gonna Go (7/13/15)

Postby pixiewolfe » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 pm

PaulJones202718 wrote:Well, that went about like I expected. Chris is still too fond of squeeing fangirls and would, I should think, worsen the situation by not getting what it is about meaningless flattery that gets on Candi's last nerve.

I actually was a terrible flirt and still am despite being mono in all my relationships. I found it difficult to not flirt with someone who started it and for Chris it could be a reaction rather then anything else. When Candi speaks about serious stuff, Chris responds in a serious manner.. Like when she cried and he massaged het back after finding out her and Alex split, or when Candi got stuck on the wall. These girls flirt, so Chris flirts.
As for him not nipping it in the bud straight away, what would you have him do? If he reacted too quickly the gals would hate Candi anyway.
pixiewolfe
Chocolate Champion

Postby SolitareLee » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 pm

It's his "pretty ladies like yourselves" comment that makes ME think he enjoys the attention a little too much, honestly. There are plenty of ways to deal with fangirls than by flirting! They're being rude by interrupting, yeah, but he's the one who brought flirting into the conversation. If that's his personality, that's his personality, but I don't think it's a good match for Candi's.
SolitareLee
Chocolate Champion

Postby BenjaminT » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:20 am

For a flirt pro like Chris it should actually be pretty easy to respond to these girls in a way that compliments and flirts with CANDI while subtly reminding the other girls that he's with someone.

I'm no pro but maybe something like:
"Well, of course! But make sure you bring as many fans to the games as you can to cheer me on. I'm working on convincing this lovely lady to show up. Can you believe she's never come to any of my games?"

This would probably embarrass her and possibly even annoy her a little but she likely would not leave over it or hold it against him. In fact, judging from the past, assuming the blushing didn't overwhelm her, she'd likely have a clever retort that would get him back.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Mew-Universe » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Off-topic a smidge, but can I just say that it's very fitting that the girls do resemble Minako and Rei so strongly? From what I remember, those two were the most boy-crazy of all the main five in the original anime, especially with how Minako would fall for various famous guys left and right.
"If you truly love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever; if it doesn't, it never was to begin with." - An old proverb.
Mew-Universe
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby packy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:57 am

Mew-Universe wrote:Off-topic a smidge, but can I just say that it's very fitting that the girls do resemble Minako and Rei so strongly? From what I remember, those two were the most boy-crazy of all the main five in the original anime, especially with how Minako would fall for various famous guys left and right.

Thank you. I was worried that I was the only one who thought they looked like Minako and Rei.
packy
Top-Notch Truffle

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion