I'm Gonna Go (7/13/15)

Talk about the comic

I'm Gonna Go (7/13/15)

Postby SAGG » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:07 am

Well, that takes care of THAT, at least for now. :roll: Candi's going to have to take this into account should she continue to have some feelings for Christopher. Other females. This might be the catalyst to shake her off of him. Some posters will vehemently disagree with me, but maybe, just MAYBE this was a good thing for her to experience...

Then again, maybe, just MAYBE Chris will go after her and ask her to come back...? :twisted:
SAGG
Super Skittle

Re: I'm Gonna Go (7/13/15)

Postby Tandel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:11 am

My ugh continues, but that doesn't mean there isn't time for this to turn around now. As oblivious as Chris could be, having your friend you met for a drink leave as suddenly as this is something I doubt will go unnoticed. He cannot be as socially adept as he is and not perceive it. The question, then, is how he acts upon that data.
Tandel
Gum Ball Boss

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 am

If they are just friends then he did nothing wrong to flirt with these girls briefly in passing. But if he is legitimately trying to pursue Candi then he was being insensitive at best and outright rude at worst by inviting Candi over and then flirting with someone else so shortly after. For a lot of women, that would be the last time they accepted an invitation from him anywhere. I think Candi's a bit more of a glutton for punishment...and she just likes him too much to hold it against him for long.

I'm thinking that Chris will ask about it, she'll explain and he'll apologize...but then what? Will he be able to change? I'm not so sure if he can fast enough for Candi's taste/patience.

Or he won't exactly apologize but insist that this is just part of being the star quarterback and then needle back to her... what? are you jealous???
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Fereshte » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:07 am

I'm hoping he'll go after her. And surely notice something is up because she hasn't been this bothered by women flirting with him before. Chris is pretty sharp--I hope he notices the subtle signs Candi is unintentionally giving.

But on that note--how rude are these girls!!? They see a guy sitting with a woman, go and flirt with him, don't even acknowledge Candi's existence, then don't apologize or react when she leaves. Rude! Candi is going to have to learn how to handle these women if she dates Chris. It takes A LOT of confidence to date a man in the limelight. It could either be good for her, as she becomes more confident and grows/matures as a woman, or destroy her. I hope she can rise to the occasion. It would be a great arc in her characters development.
Fereshte
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 am

Not a criticism but I've never understood the use of a w for a mouth as was used with the blonde in the first panel. Is that supposed to represent a certain emotion I'm unaware of? Also, are the marks around Chris's face in the second panel supposed to represent him being drunk? It seems I've seen those marks or something similar in the past when others were drunk but there hasn't been any indication until now that Chris might be drunk so that threw me off.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby daydreamer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:48 am

BenjaminT wrote:Not a criticism but I've never understood the use of a w for a mouth as was used with the blonde in the first panel. Is that supposed to represent a certain emotion I'm unaware of?
Two words...neko girls. It's a pretty common face for neko girls to look more feline and I think Starline meant her to be a little ditzy (and anime-ish) I think.

Ugh, and I really don't blame Candi for leaving. Flirting can be tiresome, regardless of witness, and harder for a person with a crush to watch. It'll be really interesting to see if they get together, how they will work through Chris' popularity and things.
Words...and things.
daydreamer
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby pixiewolfe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:11 am

Chris did notice Candi leaving when they studied together and commented on it. I bet he will go after her and ask her to answer the question he asked before the gals came! :3
pixiewolfe
Chocolate Champion

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:32 pm

For crying out loud Chris say something! They're being rude!
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby jazz1m » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:51 pm

BenjaminT wrote:Not a criticism but I've never understood the use of a w for a mouth as was used with the blonde in the first panel. Is that supposed to represent a certain emotion I'm unaware of? Also, are the marks around Chris's face in the second panel supposed to represent him being drunk? It seems I've seen those marks or something similar in the past when others were drunk but there hasn't been any indication until now that Chris might be drunk so that threw me off.

I think the marks around the face are supposed to be like him *sparkling* kind of putting on the charm. The w as daydreamer said is neko girl. Usually means character is somewhat mischievous or feisty.
jazz1m
Gum Ball Boss

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:21 pm

jazz1m wrote:
BenjaminT wrote:Not a criticism but I've never understood the use of a w for a mouth as was used with the blonde in the first panel. Is that supposed to represent a certain emotion I'm unaware of? Also, are the marks around Chris's face in the second panel supposed to represent him being drunk? It seems I've seen those marks or something similar in the past when others were drunk but there hasn't been any indication until now that Chris might be drunk so that threw me off.

I think the marks around the face are supposed to be like him *sparkling* kind of putting on the charm. The w as daydreamer said is neko girl. Usually means character is somewhat mischievous or feisty.

So do these neko girls have w mouths ALL the time or only when they are in a mischievous/feisty mood? Is this supposed to indicate the kind of girl this is or the mood this girl is in at the moment?
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby g33x0R » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:48 am

BenjaminT wrote:Not a criticism but I've never understood the use of a w for a mouth as was used with the blonde in the first panel. Is that supposed to represent a certain emotion I'm unaware of?
pixiewolfe wrote:[...]
:3

BenjaminT wrote:If they are just friends then he did nothing wrong to flirt with these girls briefly in passing.
[...]
I'm thinking that Chris will ask about it, she'll explain and he'll apologize...

Yes, she'll explain... what, feelings she hasn't quite admitted to herself yet? And he'll apologize. This should be interesting. ;-) I hope Candi doesn't implode emotionally and turn beet red in mid-sentence, just as she realizes what she's about to say to this guy.

Good point, btw, that these *girls* are being rude, although he hasn't done anything to discourage them either. But, you know -- fan-girls. What can you expect?

Cheers,
Patrick.
"No human motive is ever entirely pure."
-- William Gibson, `The Winter Market'
g33x0R
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby PaulJones202718 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:47 am

Well, that went about like I expected. Chris is still too fond of squeeing fangirls and would, I should think, worsen the situation by not getting what it is about meaningless flattery that gets on Candi's last nerve.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Sylvanaerie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 am

Sadly, I think this is something Candi is going to have to come to terms with if she wants to pursue something with Chris. Even if he doesn't encourage it, (sadly, he didn't nip this in the bud quickly enough) girls will be doing this as long as he's playing for the school team. If he goes professional it will end up being something she has to deal with for a long time since people tend to throw themselves at celebrities, not just flirtation but for all sorts of reasons. Sort of 'the price of fame'. On the one hand, his scholarship probably depends on him doing well, maintaining his grades and probably a certain average playing quality. It also probably depends to some extent on 'showmanship', acting as 'ambassador' for the team, getting people to come to games, etc. And there is the fact that as anyone would, he probably enjoys at least a little fuss being made over him/flattery being tossed his way. That Candi doesn't treat him with this star struck manner is probably half the reason he likes her, he can relax and be himself with her and doesn't have to be "on" all the time.

However, it's rude of the girls and him to treat Candi like that. Hopefully, he'll catch on fast and go talk to Candi. I doubt she will let on just what bothered her about this aside from a defensive comment. But considering what happened with Alex and Linda, she's got some major trust issues to work out if she's interested in more than friendship with Chris, and relax a little with him. It's a public place, and it's harmless flattery, probably an 'automatic' mode he turns on for the fans. By the same token, he needs to make some concessions to her feelings when out with her. A little bit of compromise from each of them would go a long way here to healing the breach and solving the issue.

If handled well, this could be good for growth for both of them.
Sylvanaerie
Super Skittle

Postby Longlivetheking » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:29 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:For crying out loud Chris say something! They're being rude!

I agree. They're extremely rude. It's one thing to just come up and say hi, I'm a fan. It's another to blatantly disregard the fact that another person is with your small-time celebrity and ignore them, attempting to continue a conversation.
Longlivetheking
Chewy Caramel

Postby Freakazoid » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:29 pm

PaulJones202718 wrote:Well, that went about like I expected. Chris is still too fond of squeeing fangirls and would, I should think, worsen the situation by not getting what it is about meaningless flattery that gets on Candi's last nerve.

I couldn't agree with you more! Unless he overcomes his polyamorous ways, I doubt Chris would be able to commit himself solely to Candi. Chris has such a hoard of ladies vying for his attention, that if they were to notice him spending more of his time with Candi, then Candi would quickly become an object of spite. I speak from experience since I know many friends who have been in this kind of situation and it ain't pretty. Nothing good can come of this if Chris doesn't start taking things seriously. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done!
One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.
Freakazoid
Gum Ball Boss

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion