It's You! 7/9/15

Talk about the comic

It's You! 7/9/15

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:05 am

Hmmmm. So either friends or possibly more.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Re: It's You! 7/9/15

Postby carbuncle1992 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:24 am

It's Sailor VENUS! :D

>_>; and way to go ladeez, thanks for interrupting my ship's moment. I believe in Chrandi! ;-; I believe!
carbuncle1992
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Triple J » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:16 am

Suddenly, a wild Sailor Mars and Venus appear!

Nice, fun cameo, heh...

And wow, I think Candi was getting close to admitting something.
Triple J
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Tandel » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:28 am

If this causes this plot thread to drag on... I will be most displeased.

Also Candi carefully hid her shirt smiley from us in panel 2. Well played Starline.
Tandel
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Darasu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:08 am

Huh! I hadn't noticed the changing shirt smiley.

Black hair doesn't scream Rei/Mars to me, but yeah, I totally thought "Minako!" for the blonde.
Darasu
Chewy Caramel

Postby ailorn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:10 am

Rude much? Those girls see him hanging out with a girl one on one and dont consider that they'd be interupting something? Either they didnt notice Candi, or didn't care since oh my gosh Chris. I hope he dismisses them quickly, although I doubt it. Seems like Candi will likely escape after this rather than open up and then kick herself for almost opening up to him.
ailorn
Chocolate Champion

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:48 pm

It's finally happening! After years of being in the background, the Sailor Senshi cameos are coming to the fore! :lol:

Also the "I've got time to change your mind" line sounds ominous - like if this was a romantic drama movie, we'd find out the next day Chris was diagnosed with some terminal illness or something. (This isn't my actual prediction for the comic, I'm just musing about ominous one-liners that usually lead to bad news xD)
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby SAGG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:54 pm

See? Chris really DOESN'T know Candi's taking a shining to him! :lol:
SAGG
Super Skittle

Postby BenjaminT » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:54 pm

SAGG wrote:See? Chris really DOESN'T know Candi's taking a shining to him! :lol:

I agree that this time he seems a bit more clueless but there have been a lot of other instances where he DID seem to know. I guess I can imagine either way at this point.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby raoullefere » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:46 am

It's the powers reminding Candi why having a relationship with Chris may not be the wisest choice if she doesn't have at least the same level of self-esteem as Newt Gingrich.
raoullefere
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby ShadeTail » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 am

ailorn wrote:Rude much? Those girls see him hanging out with a girl one on one and dont consider that they'd be interupting something? Either they didnt notice Candi, or didn't care since oh my gosh Chris. I hope he dismisses them quickly, although I doubt it. Seems like Candi will likely escape after this rather than open up and then kick herself for almost opening up to him.

They're college students, still kids by any realistic measure. Kids tend to be dumb, unobservant, and/or shockingly selfish. As for whether it gives Candi a chance to continue not admitting the truth to herself, it just might. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Also some people are just rude and lack (self-)awareness regardless of what stage of life they're at! :D

Seriously. I've known adults who do what these girls are doing, and college students who are far more socially aware of their surroundings.
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby BenjaminT » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Maybe I'm one of those rude people. While I'd never act this way over some woman I'd idolized on campus, I could see myself doing something similar if I just happened to run across a friend I hadn't seen in a decade (and wasn't sure if I'd see again if I didn't speak up and say something). I'd probably apologize first and let them know I didn't want to interrupt and that I'd be brief but I still might speak up even if I saw that person speaking with a person of the opposite sex alone. And honestly, I'd feel horrible if I found out a dear friend of mine from ages ago saw me in a restaurant or coffee shop or something and didn't speak up simply because I was with a girl. Heck, I think I've been on dates with my wife where we were briefly interrupted by someone from our pasts who just wanted to say hi. I never thought it was some huge rude deal. Particularly if they say hi, spend a minute or two, and leave.

Sure, if it's someone I don't even know I can see myself thinking it's rude to interrupt my time with my date. If it was my room mate or someone I see regularly then I could see it as rude if it appeared I was having a date although I guess it still might depend on my relationship with them. *shrug* If it was someone I was friends with and hadn't seen in a while I'd hope they'd say hi. Perhaps my dates wouldn't think so but I'd hope any date of mine would be mature enough to handle a few minutes interruption for someone like that. I know I would be fine with that if my wife or past girlfriends wanted a few minutes to say hi to some guy they hadn't seen in years. Of course how it is handled could impact how uncomfortable I might feel so I'd certainly hope my date wouldn't forget me and keep in mind how I might be feeling. But in general I would not think it rude at all.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby ailorn » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:35 am

I think talking to a good friend you haven't seen in 10 years or even a couple years is a legitimate reason to stop by and chat with someone. In the situations you've mention your behavior is completely legitimate and socially appropriate. I'm thinking my automatic thought about these girls given the situation and who they're talking to is that they're fan girls who don't know Chris that well as a person. Either they're trying to get in his pants or have already been and don't particularly care if they're messing up his current "game" just so they can get in on it. Situations like this are either obstacles or opportunities for Chris to make a change and grow if he is interested in a relationship other than friends with benefits. Side note: I REALLY cant wait for next strip.
ailorn
Chocolate Champion

Postby PaulJones202718 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:05 am

Ah, good. Thankfully Minako and Rei have all the sensitivity and tact of a bull elephant. That way, Candi can go right on not wanting to like Chris.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion