A Lot Of Space Between Like and Hate 7/6/15

Talk about the comic

A Lot Of Space Between Like and Hate 7/6/15

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:30 am

More like "vaguely tolerate" oh well. At least she's trying to get along with him.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Re: A Lot Of Space Between Like and Hate 7/6/15

Postby PaulJones202718 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:12 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:More like "vaguely tolerate" oh well. At least she's trying to get along with him.

I was thinking more along the lines of "coexist with without punching him in the gut" but, yeah, she doesn't want to see him get road-dragged until he's nothing more than a pelvis wearing a belt any longer.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:41 am

Awww. I was hoping she'd take this opportunity to be a bit more honest. Perhaps something like, "Yeah, I like you. I'm still getting used to that and don't always like the idea but I do.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Attalus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:19 am

*And the squid disappeared in a cloud of self-obscuring ink* Way to foul the nest, Chris
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby SAGG » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:52 am

For some reason, I'm thinking Chris still doesn't get how much Candi's really starting to like him. Why does seem to me he's thinking she's pretty tolerable of him now? :?
SAGG
Super Skittle

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Oh, I don't know. I think he gets it. I think he's just having fun with her. I'm sure he's seen plenty of girls who were attracted but didn't want to let on. She's been blushing with him for quite some time. We don't know for sure but that would be my guess, anyway.

I also think it's possible that more than just having fun with her, he realizes this is the best way to win her over. He may know that being more forward would turn her off so he's slowly playing with her until she's ready to admit it, herself.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Mew-Universe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Attalus wrote:*And the squid disappeared in a cloud of self-obscuring ink* Way to foul the nest, Chris

This instantly made me think of Splatoon... dangit, I'm obsessed with that game. XD Now I want to see Candi and the others dressed up like Inklings.

That said, this scene was hilarious XD So much denial here, eh?
"If you truly love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever; if it doesn't, it never was to begin with." - An old proverb.
Mew-Universe
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Caliban » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Heh, she's in tsundere mode now. 'It's not like I like you or anything, baka!"
Caliban
Gum Ball Boss

Postby spoon » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:42 pm

BenjaminT wrote:Awww. I was hoping she'd take this opportunity to be a bit more honest. Perhaps something like, "Yeah, I like you. I'm still getting used to that and don't always like the idea but I do.

Her shirt in the third panel gives it away though!
spoon
Junior Mint

Postby ailorn » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:29 pm

spoon wrote:
BenjaminT wrote:Awww. I was hoping she'd take this opportunity to be a bit more honest. Perhaps something like, "Yeah, I like you. I'm still getting used to that and don't always like the idea but I do.

I had totally missed that, so cute! Her inner feelings on her shirt is a really clever visual. :)
ailorn
Chocolate Champion

Postby BenjaminT » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 pm

spoon wrote:

There's plenty that gives it away and that's why I am pretty sure that Chris knows she likes him. But there's something powerful about being honest and introspective about it.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Tarvok » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 pm

BenjaminT wrote:Oh, I don't know. I think he gets it. I think he's just having fun with her. I'm sure he's seen plenty of girls who were attracted but didn't want to let on. She's been blushing with him for quite some time. We don't know for sure but that would be my guess, anyway.

I also think it's possible that more than just having fun with her, he realizes this is the best way to win her over. He may know that being more forward would turn her off so he's slowly playing with her until she's ready to admit it, herself.

Like giving a largemouth bass plenty of line and time before reeling it in.
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Postby BenjaminT » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 am

Tarvok wrote:
BenjaminT wrote:Oh, I don't know. I think he gets it. I think he's just having fun with her. I'm sure he's seen plenty of girls who were attracted but didn't want to let on. She's been blushing with him for quite some time. We don't know for sure but that would be my guess, anyway.

Like giving a largemouth bass plenty of line and time before reeling it in.

Ha! Love the analogy and agree. :D
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Return to Candi Comics Discussion