Aw Geez..(06/11/2015)

Talk about the comic

Aw Geez..(06/11/2015)

Postby pixiewolfe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:25 am

Awww, looks like Candi is embracing this relationship with Chris further.
I wonder if Alex will follow to see where she rushed off to? :twisted:
pixiewolfe
Chocolate Champion

Re: Aw Geez..(06/11/2015)

Postby cursormortis » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 am

Why is Candi going to meet him? I thought she wanted to not like him, and I would think avoiding him would help more than seeing him. It's not like it would be hard to brush him off, anyways. I understand that she does like him, against her better judgment, as it were, but I'd love to know the thought process that took her from"Grr he's annoying!" to "Sure, let's meet up" in the space of 2 minutes.
cursormortis
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby packy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:10 am

I love how the face on her shirt mirrors her own face.
packy
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby SAGG » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:35 am

Awww, Candi's actually so adorable and vulnerable here.... :oops: :lol:
SAGG
Super Skittle

Postby Tarvok » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:10 am

cursormortis wrote:Why is Candi going to meet him? I thought she wanted to not like him, and I would think avoiding him would help more than seeing him. It's not like it would be hard to brush him off, anyways. I understand that she does like him, against her better judgment, as it were, but I'd love to know the thought process that took her from"Grr he's annoying!" to "Sure, let's meet up" in the space of 2 minutes.

Because Candi can't just do something because she wants to. She has to engage in all this internal plausible-deniability doublethink to *trick* herself into going out with someone she really, really likes. If she really didn't want to go out with him, the smart thing would be to just not answer his texts. It would require some persistence, since when she doesn't answer the first one, he's likely to send a second one, and then a third, since this would be a change in her behavior that, in his mind, would require explanation, since he genuinely cares about her, and would likely worry. But really, given she's a terrible liar and "I don't want to see you any more" just wouldn't hold (since she clearly does want to see him), she'll just have to stonewall him.

But she won't, because that isn't what she really wants. What she really wants is [censored] [censored] [censored...]
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Postby PaulJones202718 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 am

What she really wants is any sort of excuse to go merrily on denying any sort of attraction to him. It's all about saving face, kiddies.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Caliban » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:49 am

cursormortis wrote:Why is Candi going to meet him? I thought she wanted to not like him, and I would think avoiding him would help more than seeing him. It's not like it would be hard to brush him off, anyways. I understand that she does like him, against her better judgment, as it were, but I'd love to know the thought process that took her from"Grr he's annoying!" to "Sure, let's meet up" in the space of 2 minutes.

Oh, she was never NOT going to meet him.

It's not so much that she wants to "not like him" as that she's annoyed at herself for liking him. And like him she does.

Also, she really didn't want to answer a text from her new attraction in front of her ex-boyfriend. I think the "Grr..Annoying" was partially for Alex's benefit, to cover up her real reaction, and partially because she's really annoyed at herself for having a reaction to Chris's text in the first place. Having Alex there when she received the text may have also made her accept what she's feeling, since she presumably used to feel the same way about Alex.

She's been telling herself she's better off alone, but now she's getting warm fuzzies and other feelings whenever Chris talks to her or texts her. So she has to take a moment to calm herself down before she can answer his text. :p
Caliban
Gum Ball Boss

Postby doctec » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:42 am

packy wrote:I love how the face on her shirt mirrors her own face.

Seconded!
doctec
Gum Ball Boss

Postby MorrisCat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 am

Poor Candi, she so wants to avoid a drama bomb, yet here she is - arming the potentially biggest drama bomb yet!
"I know I'm maladjusted
Kill what's inside of me"
Stained ~ Android Lust
MorrisCat
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Attalus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 am

Where can I get one of those? :D
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:39 pm

She acts like she's having an affair. XD
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby clif » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Yay, Candi!

You're thinking those are mutually exclusive reactions. Candi is good at hiding her motivations from herself, but she isn't stupid.

Tarvok wrote:Because Candi can't just do something because she wants to. She has to engage in all this internal plausible-deniability doublethink to *trick* herself into going out with someone she really, really likes. If she really didn't want to go out with him, the smart thing would be to just not answer his texts. It would require some persistence, since when she doesn't answer the first one, he's likely to send a second one, and then a third, since this would be a change in her behavior that, in his mind, would require explanation, since he genuinely cares about her, and would likely worry. But really, given she's a terrible liar and "I don't want to see you any more" just wouldn't hold (since she clearly does want to see him), she'll just have to stonewall him.

But she won't, because that isn't what she really wants. What she really wants is [censored] [censored] [censored...]

Overstated in places, but yeah, this too. What your calling double-think is really just normal human behavioural rationalization.

Caliban wrote:Oh, she was never NOT going to meet him.

Truth.

Caliban wrote:It's not so much that she wants to "not like him" as that she's annoyed at herself for liking him. And like him she does.

Also, she really didn't want to answer a text from her new attraction in front of her ex-boyfriend. I think the "Grr..Annoying" was partially for Alex's benefit, to cover up her real reaction, and partially because she's really annoyed at herself for having a reaction to Chris's text in the first place. Having Alex there when she received the text may have also made her accept what she's feeling, since she presumably used to feel the same way about Alex.

She's been telling herself she's better off alone, but now she's getting warm fuzzies and other feelings whenever Chris talks to her or texts her. So she has to take a moment to calm herself down before she can answer his text. :p

I don't think any of that was for Alex's benefit, though Alex's knowing the truth would embarrass her. But otherwise, yeah.

PaulJones202718 wrote:What she really wants is any sort of excuse to go merrily on denying any sort of attraction to him. It's all about saving face, kiddies.

That's all there is to it, huh? And why is there no skeptical smiley icon.

LadyObvious23 wrote:She acts like she's having an affair. XD

What???

Where did that come from?
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby clif » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:30 pm

It is a nice touch.Though I think it's less mirroring her face and more mirroring her emotions. Which is actually kind of appropriate in an emoticon.
Last edited by clif on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Lelobebo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Eh if we look at the flashback with Candi's interaction with Alex, she started off finding him annoying/stick-in-his-ass, too. Maybe she is attracted to people who challenges her or keeps her on her toes :P

Still, I gotta join in on the "Yay Chris" crowd :D
Lelobebo
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Raebugg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm stoked! I like Chris too! Let's vicariously date him through Candi, guys.

Also, have people here have never liked anyone they "weren't supposed to?" It's pretty conflicting, especially since she thought he was a jerk before.
Raebugg
Lemon Drop Lurker

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion