I Miss You 1/23/15

Talk about the comic

I Miss You 1/23/15

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 am

That's just too cute. :)
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Re: I Miss You 1/23/15

Postby clif » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:43 am

If you just look at the third panel, Trev looks weird. But then when you look at the whole thing and the way the lines of the faces flow with and against the curves of the panel and the whole thing just works -- and ties the last two panels together, as does the speech balloon. Add the fact that in the last two panels you can't separate out who is saying what because it works equally way for both and the moment is just cool.

And as Lady O. says, just too cute.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Caliban » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:50 am

Trevor looks like he's putting on weight in this one. (Arms are thicker, features are slightly rounder, has a small neck waddle.) Eating too much because he misses his boyfriend?
Caliban
Gum Ball Boss

Postby MorrisCat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:00 am

Caliban wrote:Trevor looks like he's putting on weight in this one. (Arms are thicker, features are slightly rounder, has a small neck waddle.) Eating too much because he misses his boyfriend?

Trev: "This box of double chocolate truffles will make me feel better..."

Could be. I agree he looks like he is putting on weight in this one. And Lady-O nailed the feel of this one. :D
"I know I'm maladjusted
Kill what's inside of me"
Stained ~ Android Lust
MorrisCat
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Tandel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:09 am

clif wrote:If you just look at the third panel, Trev looks weird. But then when you look at the whole thing and the way the lines of the faces flow with and against the curves of the panel and the whole thing just works -- and ties the last two panels together, as does the speech balloon. Add the fact that in the last two panels you can't separate out who is saying what because it works equally way for both and the moment is just cool.

And as Lady O. says, just too cute.

Then there's Matt's sixth finger in panel 4. I agree that the strip looks fine when looking at it as a whole but... looking at particulars is a bit jarring on this one.

Still cute though.
Tandel
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Qaint » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Possibly related to the sketchbook thing in a meta sort of fashion.
Candi gave a smirk 2 strips back that was distinct enough for me to not recall any other like it. I liked that a lot. Now Trevor looks different in panel 3. And it is kinda weird for me.
I think it's cool if Starline is experimenting as a nice tie-in with Candy's own sketch book adventure.
Some of it will look bad. Some of it will be great. She's supposed to mess up a bit.
Yes, I'm being a hypocrite. No, you should still calm down, it's valid.
Qaint
Chewy Caramel

Postby PaulJones202718 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Well, at least he's feeling a bit better about all of this. Absence does seem to be making the heart grow fonder after all.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Yeah, Trev does look super weird. But Matt looks super cute! Definitely want to see what he's been up to and how his exchange is going.
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Return to Candi Comics Discussion