Talk about the comic

I Don't Want To Mess Up (1/16/15)

Postby SAGG » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:34 am

Candi, go with the flow! :lol:
SAGG
Super Skittle

Re: I Don't Want To Mess Up (1/16/15)

Postby PaulJones202718 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:07 am

And there's where that fear of failure comes into play......
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Caliban » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:45 am

I suspect his goal is to give her so many pages to fill that she CAN'T take the time to do each of them perfectly - pushing her out of her comfort zone and forcing her to learn and adapt.
Caliban
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Prestwick » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:18 am

I think what she says in the first panel sums up her approach to life in general...
Prestwick
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Tandel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 am

Caliban wrote:I suspect his goal is to give her so many pages to fill that she CAN'T take the time to do each of them perfectly - pushing her out of her comfort zone and forcing her to learn and adapt.

Fitz' capacity for jerkassery is substantial, but here he's definitely leveraging it for great justice.
Tandel
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Attalus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Candi, sweetie, that's why they make erasers :*
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby Weltall84 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Tandel wrote:
Caliban wrote:I suspect his goal is to give her so many pages to fill that she CAN'T take the time to do each of them perfectly - pushing her out of her comfort zone and forcing her to learn and adapt.

Fitz' capacity for jerkassery is substantial, but here he's definitely leveraging it for great justice.

Which is why one moment he's a bad teacher, and the next he's actually doing his job well. I just....had a lot of bad experiences that to me, a Teacher should not be vague of used veiled lessons that induce panic in the student. It does not work for everyone. I also admit hand-holding methods of teaching don't always work either, you need to find what works with each student and go from there.

We'll see how this works for Candi.
I am the Follower of Optimus Prime, apprentice to the King of Braves GaoGaiGar, member of the Strawhat Pirates, and eternal fan of Fred Perry. I am the UNB!
Weltall84
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby PaulJones202718 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Weltall84 wrote:
Tandel wrote:

Which is why one moment he's a bad teacher, and the next he's actually doing his job well. I just....had a lot of bad experiences that to me, a Teacher should not be vague of used veiled lessons that induce panic in the student. It does not work for everyone. I also admit hand-holding methods of teaching don't always work either, you need to find what works with each student and go from there.

We'll see how this works for Candi.

Probably not at all well......
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby ailorn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:44 pm

I think having to come up with 5 things and pushing for just something will help her get past the fear of failure. If you don't have time to get it perfect and just try anything you're going to stumble onto something good among the crap. Letting your mind wander and building off of what you have has been really helpful. I've recently picked up zentangle and you just build off of many different patterns and even if you "mess up" the complexity of it makes it look good. Do a collage, crumple paper and string. stick band-aids all over and pen doodles between em. It's so freeing once you start.
ailorn
Chocolate Champion

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:19 pm

I hope it works out well for her.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby ShadeTail » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:35 pm

OK, this counts as actual teaching. He's still an asshole, but sometimes he actually teaches.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Acidbuk » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:51 pm

ShadeTail wrote:OK, this counts as actual teaching. He's still an asshole, but sometimes he actually teaches.

Agreed. He seems like a good teacher, but an asshole. kind of like House. If you were ill he's the person you would want treating you, but...he's still a terrible human being.
"Never do things by halves, if you love, love with all your soul, if you work, work your arse off, if you hate, hate until it hurts" - Henry Rollins.
Acidbuk
Super Skittle

Postby Tarvok » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:15 pm

On top of it, if she's going to do cartooning for a living, she's going to have to learn to deal with deadlines. I'd say Fitz is treating her right.
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Return to Candi Comics Discussion