Ways to destress - 01/08/2015

Talk about the comic

Re: Ways to destress - 01/08/2015

Postby Acidbuk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Called it! :D . Honestly if this turns in to an actual thing and not just a one night stand...I think Jess would be good for Jon, One - She isn't Candi, Two - She'll call him out when he needs it, and Three - She's not a psychopathic redhead. As for the Green Demon...well we don't know just how drunk they are, they may have only had the one and be just mildly buzzed or they might be blitzed out of there minds smashed. Only our Host Starline would know for sure :)
"Never do things by halves, if you love, love with all your soul, if you work, work your arse off, if you hate, hate until it hurts" - Henry Rollins.
Acidbuk
Super Skittle

Postby Rheinhard » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:15 pm

A somewhat humorous thought occurred to me just now.

The first encounter with Starline's onomatopoeia "Thumpa-sprung" in the strip was actually by Jon and Jess, as their house mates Trevor and Laura were getting busy.

Wouldn't it be ironic if, in the next few strips, Trevor and Laura come home and one of them wishes the house's walls weren't quite so paper thin? :lol:

(... and you know, I think Jon may have been wearing the same shirt at the time... :roll: )

================================================

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche..."

- Galactic Heroes series II
Rheinhard
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Tandel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm

PaulJones202718 wrote:
pixiewolfe wrote:First thought: Did not see that coming!
Second thought: what will Edward says about his favourite character having sex with Jesse...XD

1) He's not here any longer. Starline banished him.

2) We're just dealing with a one-night stand that they'll probably regret later on.

3) Others HAVE seen it coming.

4) Not even going roadside (as the characters of For Better Or For Worse call it) is going to make her brother less crazy or Jon less broke.

1) This thread is the only time I am sad that Edward can't post.

2) I hope they don't regret it, if only so we can continue having examples of people engaging in casual sex that doesn't result in anguish and other negativity.

Also I feel like this occurrence could help free up Candi to pursuing Chris. For two reasons:
1. Jess has definitely moved on, if there were doubts before, this helps support that notion. (I won't say 100% proves it)
2. A totally awkward analogy of Jon is to Candi as Chris is to Jess type deal wherein if Jess/Jon happens it makes the idea of pursuing a type of relationship with the other's 'not X' more palatable. I dunno, a moment before I typed it that notion carried more weight and made sense in my brain. I blame lack of sleep.
Tandel
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Starline » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Tandel wrote:1) This thread is the only time I am sad that Edward can't post.

When I was writing this part of the storyline strip, I admit I was wondering how he going to react too... but considering his behavior leading up to the banning, I don't think would have gone well.

I assumed he would have stopped reading. :roll:

Anyway! Hope the rest of you are entertained at least! (Working on the drawing the strip now... I shouldn't be in here reading and peepin.')
Starline
Comic Creator

Postby Tandel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:22 am

Starline wrote:
Tandel wrote:1) This thread is the only time I am sad that Edward can't post.

When I was writing this part of the storyline strip, I admit I was wondering how he going to react too... but considering his behavior leading up to the banning, I don't think would have gone well.

I assumed he would have stopped reading. :roll:

Anyway! Hope the rest of you are entertained at least! (Working on the drawing the strip now... I shouldn't be in here reading and peepin.')

Yay a response from the creator herself!

Also I think your assessment is spot on. At the very least he would've voiced his disdain first, perhaps by saying how out of character it was for Jon. And even if there's a kernel of truth to that (and I'm not saying there is) it doesn't account for the impact of alcohol.

And yes, yes we are entertained. I am, anyway. And I have been since you posted your first strip and you linked it (IIRC) on the ItsWalky! nightstar forums.
Tandel
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Ryanthusar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:30 am

Regardless of the advisability of their actions... I have to say I'm impressed with the perspective chosen and the lines of the last panel. It really conveys the emotion of the moment and hints that they may find something deeper than expected.

Personally speaking, if they are able to act apon the impulse their judgement isn't so impaired that they are doing drastically stupid. Now, they may have a differing opinion of what is going to happen afterward which might complicate things but meh. I think Jon is sensitive enough to not hurt Jess and get beneath her armor, and Jess might provide him a steady to balance his nature... he has been flailing around a bit without a partner.
Ryanthusar
Lemon Drop Lurker

Postby Tarvok » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:33 am

Wow. I know others were expecting this, but I was not.

Still, I don't see anything wrong with this, and if anyone makes it weird, it'll be Jess, by trying too hard to make it not weird.
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion