"I'm Just... stressed..." January 6th, 2015

Talk about the comic

"I'm Just... stressed..." January 6th, 2015

Postby Triple J » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:05 am

Wow, people on the other threads were dead on in calling this out, Jess being stressed.

Poor Jess needs a hug, methinks.
Triple J
Top-Notch Truffle

Re: "I'm Just... stressed..." January 6th, 2015

Postby Lelobebo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:32 am

At least Jon isn't taking it too personally or isn't too offended. I think she raised some good points that he might not have considered, about probably needing to find a place with roommates (liike Matt, Alex, and their respective roommates) - in any case, chances are probably good he could probably find a place with multiple rooms so he could at the very least have a room to himself (and not wake up from a nap to find Linda going "heeey buddy" :lol: ).
Lelobebo
Gum Ball Boss

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 am

Jon's intuitive. He may not be great romantically. But he does have a knack for reading body language. Or he knows Jess is more straightforward with things.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby PaulJones202718 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:21 am

She probably wants to talk about what she's stressed about only to have him not be especially curious as to what's bothering her.
This is the moment, the very instant, that we've all been waiting for/ No stupid gimmicks or Halloween tricks/ Let's get together and number our sores.
PaulJones202718
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:55 am

I like that Jess is being a bit more vulnerable. It's a good chance for Jon to to show her some sensitivity, either by engaging the topic if she's comfortable with it or at least being an open ear for her. :)

Also, a couple of strips back Jess referred to Jon's behaviour towards Candi as 'harping on' and is now apologizing for 'harping on' Jon... Just what is your definition of harping on, Jess? ;)
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby BenjaminT » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 am

I just know that Jon can ... think with his other head a lot when I see this many bubbles around him. I know this is a leap, but ... any chance Jess and Jon end up having some drunk love?

That might end up leaving Candi wondering if Jess did it because Candi expressed interest in Chris. Candi is probably long since over any tiny feelings she ever had for Jon but she did act weird when Jon started a relationship with Becca.

The other thought I had was that I wonder if Jess apologized in part because she realized her comment made him go quiet. She said she wanted him to come because HE'S talkative and he showed it when he couldn't stay "quiet and stoic," for long. But now he is going quiet and stoic (or maybe just drunk) even after she apologizes. Perhaps the silence is deafening for her and making her wonder if she said something wrong or pushed too hard.
BenjaminT
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby cursormortis » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 am

How are they drinking in public? Aren't they both under 21? Or is this at a party?

EDIT: Nevermind. I mised the strip where Jon has a fake ID.
cursormortis
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby Rheinhard » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:30 am

BenjaminT wrote:I just know that Jon can ... think with his other head a lot when I see this many bubbles around him. I know this is a leap, but ... any chance Jess and Jon end up having some drunk love?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was thinking, "uh oh... they're both in not spectacular places emotionally, confiding in each other, and now have little drunk bubbles around their heads... this might end in an awkward position (as it were)"

================================================

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche..."

- Galactic Heroes series II
Rheinhard
Gum Ball Boss

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:05 am

Well, so long as they're still in a state where both can consent to it, I actually don't think it'd be a bad outcome. We've seen that Jess knows how to keep her casual sex casual, and isn't opposed to one night stands, so if it is awkward it'd probably be for Jon. It might be good for them, actually.
UnstoppableTaboo
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby Attalus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:29 pm

UnstoppableTaboo wrote:
Also, a couple of strips back Jess referred to Jon's behaviour towards Candi as 'harping on' and is now apologizing for 'harping on' Jon... Just what is your definition of harping on, Jess? ;)
Webster says "talk or write persistently and tediously on a particular topic." Urban dictionary says " To rag on. To make fun of. To get on someones case." Both of them work, sort of :P
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!
Attalus
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Postby Lasenna » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 pm

I can see Jon deciding he finally wanting to be in his own place - albeit that will require a roommate. I think this is where what Jess said to him is starting to sink in - we know Jon just skates by in college and hasn't really grown up in terms of having to take care of himself. I don't think that he really understands how much harder it will be for him to earn and pay rent money.

At any rate I think this means we're going to see a new story arc similar to Laura's, where Jon will be struggling with "finding" affordable housing (with all the downsides that accompany cheap living accommodations) and then even after getting one, finding out that his funds will be much more limited. If he does take another or new job like Laura, then his grades falling will be much worse, as he's already passing by the skin of his teeth. A new job will mean Jon will have to grow up quickly, as many employers will not be okay with taking a lackadaisical approach to the jobs.
Lasenna
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Acidbuk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Lelobebo wrote:At least Jon isn't taking it too personally or isn't too offended. I think she raised some good points that he might not have considered, about probably needing to find a place with roommates (liike Matt, Alex, and their respective roommates) - in any case, chances are probably good he could probably find a place with multiple rooms so he could at the very least have a room to himself (and not wake up from a nap to find Linda going "heeey buddy" :lol: ).

I'd love to see Starline draw that one for us ..
"Never do things by halves, if you love, love with all your soul, if you work, work your arse off, if you hate, hate until it hurts" - Henry Rollins.
Acidbuk
Super Skittle

Postby clif » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:38 pm

I think the conversation may have hit Jon harder than he's willing to admit.
clif
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Return to Candi Comics Discussion