Yoga Class

Talk about the comic

Re: Yoga Class

Postby TheDWrek » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 am

ShadeTail wrote:Bet you anything Chris is there.

Aaaaand circle gets the square. ;)
TheDWrek
Chewy Caramel

Postby the nightfly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:48 am

Codefox wrote:Chris is probably my 2nd favorite character after Candi.

Chris is definitely one of the better-imagined characters in this strip, and a welcome relief from the stereotype of football players (let alone football stars) as obnoxious, arrogant, brutal, macho jerks. It's hard to imagine the average stereotypical football player spending their time in social work among little kids, for example.

Given that, though, I can guess there will be problems if Chris and Candi get together. Although Jessica seems to have used and dumped him, I'll bet that, if C&C get involved in any way, Jess will decide that he still belongs to her, and that Candi is just as bad as Linda in the "stealing someone else's boyfriend" category. She might even get as psycho as her brother.
the nightfly
Chocolate Champion

Postby aorta321 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 am

haha i have to give major props...you guys totally called it ^_^ And I love that Chris is there I do hope she sees more in Chris than just an annoying friend from the past...I think Chris will definitely take her mind off of Alex
aorta321
Chewy Caramel

Postby WhizbangBlack » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:24 am

I think Jessica would take issue but wouldn't go psycho on Candi. Probably more like, "I wasn't done with him yet" or maybe just not care at all. Besides, it might be a while before Candi can even stand the idea of dating (first it's depression, then several steps later, it's cynicism) so Jessica may move on before then.

:D "SUGARPOP!", sounds like pet names doesn't it? :lol:
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby packy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:47 am

WhizbangBlack wrote::D "SUGARPOP!", sounds like pet names doesn't it? :lol:

Sounds more like a tease to me. Chris never refers to Candi by her real name; he always calls her some kind of candy, like "sugarpop" or "tootsie roll". Candi finds it incredibly annoying, as would I if I were in her shoes.

However, Chris is smarter than he looks, so I'm betting Candi's going to learn something while she's having the crap annoyed out of her...
packy
Top-Notch Truffle

Postby WhizbangBlack » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 am

Sounds more like a tease to me. Chris never refers to Candi by her real name; he always calls her some kind of candy, like "sugarpop" or "tootsie roll".

The joke being that Candi's name is, well, Candi (Candy). But some of them really sound like some cutesy thing you'd call a boyfriend or a girlfriend. "Sugarpop" "Honey" "Sugar-Baby" "Skittles" etc. :D I'm pretty much betting that the yoga class is wondering if those two have a relationship.

EDT: Besides, you always tease the one you love and Chris's teasing is pretty light considering what it could be
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby ShadeTail » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 am

ShadeTail wrote:Bet you anything Chris is there.

Yep, I called it.

Anyway, how can anyone think that Jess would care if they hooked up? She made it pretty clear on the boat during Spring Break that after the one-night stand, she considers it over. Chris wasn't too happy about that, but I think it is safe to say that Jess has firmly moved on. After all, she's a very honest person, *and* she's not one to let herself wallow in her feelings.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby PhthaloBlue » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:07 am

the nightfly wrote:
Chris is definitely one of the better-imagined characters in this strip, and a welcome relief from the stereotype of football players (let alone football stars) as obnoxious, arrogant, brutal, macho jerks. It's hard to imagine the average stereotypical football player spending their time in social work among little kids, for example.

Given that, though, I can guess there will be problems if Chris and Candi get together. Although Jessica seems to have used and dumped him, I'll bet that, if C&C get involved in any way, Jess will decide that he still belongs to her, and that Candi is just as bad as Linda in the "stealing someone else's boyfriend" category. She might even get as psycho as her brother.

Er, I don't think so, Jess seems to have gotten what she wanted out of the Chris/Jess relationship, but still, it would be smart for Candi to talk to Jess before dating Chris. They are friends after all.
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Codefox » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 am

the nightfly wrote:Chris is definitely one of the better-imagined characters in this strip, and a welcome relief from the stereotype of football players (let alone football stars) as obnoxious, arrogant, brutal, macho jerks. It's hard to imagine the average stereotypical football player spending their time in social work among little kids, for example.

Hard to imagine? I guess you haven't heard of the current Florida QB...Tim Tebow? ;)

And this was probably (though Starline can correct me if I'm wrong!) modeled after a combination of former QB Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. Chris Leak was also a class act.
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Codefox » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 am

PhthaloBlue wrote:Er, I don't think so, Jess seems to have gotten what she wanted out of the Chris/Jess relationship, but still, it would be smart for Candi to talk to Jess before dating Chris. They are friends after all.

Considering that Jess pretty much used and discarded Chris for that one night (pretty cold actually but that's definitely her personality) she wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on. If it were to happen, Candi should be a good friend and mention it. But she definitely doesn't need her permission!
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Starline » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:54 am

Codefox wrote:
the nightfly wrote:Chris is definitely one of the better-imagined characters in this strip, and a welcome relief from the stereotype of football players (let alone football stars) as obnoxious, arrogant, brutal, macho jerks. It's hard to imagine the average stereotypical football player spending their time in social work among little kids, for example.

Hard to imagine? I guess you haven't heard of the current Florida QB...Tim Tebow? ;)

And this was probably (though Starline can correct me if I'm wrong!) modeled after a combination of former QB Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. Chris Leak was also a class act.

The name was a coincidence. :) But a happy one.
Starline
Comic Creator

Postby kittygal137 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm

hahaha oh wouldn't it be funny if candi dated chris? if i remember right alex hates him! :D
kittygal137
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Codefox » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Starline wrote:The name was a coincidence. :) But a happy one.

Hah, crazy! All these years I've assumed he was based off of both of those QBs. Is he based on anyone? I thought it was possible you knew another football player to base him off of given that S. Florida is such a hotspot for recruting. :)
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby PurpleJellybean » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 pm

YES! This is going to be quite interesting!

I hope Alex sees them in class or leaving class together!

That would be SOOO fun!
PurpleJellybean
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Starline » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Codefox wrote:
Starline wrote:The name was a coincidence. :) But a happy one.

Hah, crazy! All these years I've assumed he was based off of both of those QBs. Is he based on anyone? I thought it was possible you knew another football player to base him off of given that S. Florida is such a hotspot for recruting. :)

He's based off an old friend in high school. He used to be the kicker on our team, and did a lot of work with the Boy Scouts building baseball fields and things like that.
Starline
Comic Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Candi Comics Discussion