Jon and Candi???

Talk about the comic

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby MagicalScientistD » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 pm

WhizbangBlack wrote:Quite possibly, Candi needs to date outside her circle of friends and that's why I think Chris would be way better for her than Jon.



But doesn't Chris have a thing for Jess (http://candicomics.com/d/20080523.html) and afterall... they did sleep together http://candicomics.com/d/20080704.html. :oops: That might be weird...
Im a grown child... Image
User avatar
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:09 am
Location: Ouran High School Host Club via Ohio

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby ShadeTail » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm

MagicalScientistD wrote:But doesn't Chris have a thing for Jess (http://candicomics.com/d/20080523.html) and afterall... they did sleep together http://candicomics.com/d/20080704.html. :oops: That might be weird...


Jess doesn't seem to care. As for Chris...well, he's a male slut who is happy to take everything he's given. He doesn't seem to like it that Jess just used him for a one-night stand and considers it over (http://candicomics.com/d/20080808.html). I'm guessing he's not used to getting the brush-off. He's probably not going to be a good choice for anyone until he grows up a bit and realizes that he shouldn't just use people for his own needs.
Image
User avatar
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby WhizbangBlack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:51 am

Candi needs someone just as free-spirited as she is and theres no one in the house( except maybe Laura and shes a girl)


Now THAT would be interesting :lol:

But doesn't Chris have a thing for Jess (http://candicomics.com/d/20080523.html) and afterall... they did sleep together http://candicomics.com/d/20080704.html. That might be weird...


Jess was pretty upfront to Candi about her intentions with Chris (quote: "I just wanna get laid") and it's kind of a shame she wasn't just as upfront with Chris about it. Chris is a decent guy but I think his affections for Jess aren't that genuine. It's been shown before that he kinda feels used by the school because he's a good football player and while he doesn't mind that as much (he can distence himself from it), he can't helped but feel a little used by Jessica because they were in an intimate situation.

Honestly, I think Chris would be really good for Candi, and vice-versa. He has the same drive as Alex but is as nice as Jon. He can be a little thoughtless at times but his heart is in the right place. I think he'd help Candi grow up a little more.
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby HonestOpinion » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Kish wrote:Considering Jon's borderline obsession with Candi, I would expect them as a couple to turn out much worse than Candi and Alex.

But it's a webcomic, not real life, and we'll see.


For many people, it's the thrill of getting INTO the relationship, not the relationship itself that matters. Look at this, Candi and Alex didn't even LIKE each other in the "High School Flashback" arc. When they decided to get over their differences and become friends they're relationship changed. After they kissed and Candi made it clear she didn't want a boyfriend Alex decided to step it up by figuring out what it was he could do in order to GET Candi and what happened when he did?

Thus, because of his persistance, and because he didn't annoy her much Candi let down her barriers and dated Alex. For three long years....

Classic blunder. More often than not it's the thrill of "I can't have you so I want you." that begins relationships. When people are finally together they decide the build up was more fun than the actual relationship and they break up. I see the same sort of thing in Jon and I anticipate Jon and Candi wouldn't last long if they were to get into a relationship. (Sorry I don't have the time to look up every single example of Jon lusting after Candi.)

And then Candi would just freak out again, and wonder why it is her relationships never work out even though most people don't even marry the right person the FIRST time and instead of realizing that it takes time and maturity to make a relationship work let alone get that ONE relationship to work RIGHT she'll run off and become a nun.

I'd read THAT comic. In fact, I DO read that comic.





This has been an Honest Opinion
Better an honest enemy than a false friend - German Proverb
User avatar
HonestOpinion
Quality Jelly Bean
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Malibu, California

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby PhthaloBlue » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 am

HonestOpinion wrote:
Kish wrote:Considering Jon's borderline obsession with Candi, I would expect them as a couple to turn out much worse than Candi and Alex.

But it's a webcomic, not real life, and we'll see.


For many people, it's the thrill of getting INTO the relationship, not the relationship itself that matters. Look at this, Candi and Alex didn't even LIKE each other in the "High School Flashback" arc. When they decided to get over their differences and become friends they're relationship changed. After they kissed and Candi made it clear she didn't want a boyfriend Alex decided to step it up by figuring out what it was he could do in order to GET Candi and what happened when he did?

Thus, because of his persistance, and because he didn't annoy her much Candi let down her barriers and dated Alex. For three long years....

Classic blunder. More often than not it's the thrill of "I can't have you so I want you." that begins relationships. When people are finally together they decide the build up was more fun than the actual relationship and they break up. I see the same sort of thing in Jon and I anticipate Jon and Candi wouldn't last long if they were to get into a relationship. (Sorry I don't have the time to look up every single example of Jon lusting after Candi.)

And then Candi would just freak out again, and wonder why it is her relationships never work out even though most people don't even marry the right person the FIRST time and instead of realizing that it takes time and maturity to make a relationship work let alone get that ONE relationship to work RIGHT she'll run off and become a nun.

I'd read THAT comic. In fact, I DO read that comic.



The thing is, if it had only been Alex chasing after Candi for the "thrill of the hunt", the relationship would have ended quicker than 3 long years.

Let's face it, most highschool romances don't last, and it's incredible that Candi and Alex managed to stay together that long. How many people can actually say that they're happily married to their highschool sweetheart for 20 years? (Even after they've gone off to college?!) I've recently gone to my ten year highschool reunion and about 75% of highschool sweethearts I know were married to someone else. Two highschool couples got married and one got a divorce a while ago, while the other one was going through a divorce.

That being said, it takes a lot more than just maturity to make a relationship work. It takes a great deal of honesty coming from both parties in order to make it work. (Stuff you don't learn or know till after you're out of highschool or until you've dated around.) If Alex had just settled for Candi because she's a good person, he'd be miserable for the rest of his life, and so would Candi. I don't think that Candi should be settled for either, she needs to find someone who will make her just as happy as she makes them.

Jon comes to mind of course, because that guy will move heaven and earth to be with her. I think that if Jon and Becca broke up, that he should date Candi. He already knows the good and he's seen the bad (being that they live together).

What Candi needs to do is stop living in a fantasy world and open her eyes to what is in front of her. She may need Jon to ignore her for a while or for him to leave off with Becca in order to find out that she does have feelings for him.
User avatar
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby ShadeTail » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:41 pm

PhthaloBlue wrote:The thing is, if it had only been Alex chasing after Candi for the "thrill of the hunt", the relationship would have ended quicker than 3 long years.


Unsupported assumption. People frequently stay in relationships long past the end-date. There are all kinds of reasons why it could have lasted; stubbornness, to name one possibility; immaturity and/or naivete, to name another.

PhthaloBlue wrote:Jon comes to mind of course, because that guy will move heaven and earth to be with her. I think that if Jon and Becca broke up, that he should date Candi. He already knows the good and he's seen the bad (being that they live together).


No go. Starline has written publicly, on the old board I think, that they dated once in high school and Candi decided she didn't want a relationship with him.
Image
User avatar
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby PhthaloBlue » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:50 am

ShadeTail wrote:Unsupported assumption. People frequently stay in relationships long past the end-date. There are all kinds of reasons why it could have lasted; stubbornness, to name one possibility; immaturity and/or naivete, to name another.


But isn't that too an unsupported assumption? :mrgreen: In my experience, as well as the experience of people I know, guys/gals who chase after someone because they play hard to get, or for the "thrill of the hunt", tire of their girl/guy as soon as they have them and tend to move on to "better" things. They wouldn't waste 3 years of their life being with someone they really didn't want to be with. But then again, that's just me, and the people I know.

ShadeTail wrote:No go. Starline has written publicly, on the old board I think, that they dated once in high school and Candi decided she didn't want a relationship with him.


Candi decided that she didn't want a relationship with Jon in the past but there's nothing that says she can't change her mind. I myself had a pretty decent relationship with someone who I'd assumed in the past, that I'd never go out with. Point is people change and so do their feelings.

I would like to add that while Candi decided in the past (highschool) that she didn't want to go out with Jon, she certainly thought about him after his kiss (at the nightclub) and she unwittingly fantasized about him.
User avatar
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby WhizbangBlack » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am

The thing is, if it had only been Alex chasing after Candi for the "thrill of the hunt", the relationship would have ended quicker than 3 long years.


I'm not so sure. As someone had mentioned that Candi had a lot of barriers that she let drop when she was dating Alex. The thrill of the hunt was still there, it may have been more like trying to getting Candi to open up to him, to be totally vunerable to him. Then I guess maybe at some point he relaxed and got comfortable ("Hey, maybe this CAN work"), like Candi. Then maybe something set him off, quite possibly a joke by a friend about how they're almost married. Alex is very concerned about his future so he may have freaked out about that and that was probably what set him down on the path of destruction (of the relationship!) in the first place.

But this is more of a guess on my part...
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby ShadeTail » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 am

PhthaloBlue wrote:But isn't that too an unsupported assumption?


...? Uh, no, it isn't. I'm pointing out that things aren't always as neat and tidy as you're saying they are. That's not any kind of assumption, let alone an unsupported one.

PhthaloBlue wrote:Candi decided that she didn't want a relationship with Jon in the past but there's nothing that says she can't change her mind.


But it *does* mean that your implicit assumption, that she's never given him a chance, isn't correct. And while she could change her mind, Jon wouldn't be a good boyfriend for her. Not the way he is, anyway. As others have pointed out, he's far too obsessed with his fantasy of Candi to deal well with an actual relationship.

And then there's the fact that Jon is clearly stuck in one of those "past the end-date" relationships I mentioned in my last post, which simply reinforces the conclusion that he doesn't deal well with relationships.
Image
User avatar
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby PhthaloBlue » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 am

WhizbangBlack wrote:
The thing is, if it had only been Alex chasing after Candi for the "thrill of the hunt", the relationship would have ended quicker than 3 long years.


I'm not so sure. As someone had mentioned that Candi had a lot of barriers that she let drop when she was dating Alex. The thrill of the hunt was still there, it may have been more like trying to getting Candi to open up to him, to be totally vunerable to him. Then I guess maybe at some point he relaxed and got comfortable ("Hey, maybe this CAN work"), like Candi. Then maybe something set him off, quite possibly a joke by a friend about how they're almost married. Alex is very concerned about his future so he may have freaked out about that and that was probably what set him down on the path of destruction (of the relationship!) in the first place.

But this is more of a guess on my part...


Really everything' just a guess. My main concern is the pointing of the finger or the focus on Alex being the hunter and Candi the "prey" or his victim. Alex might have had those feelings, but then again, he's in a relationship with Candi, and I'm wondering if it occurred to anyone other than myself that perhaps Candi pushed Alex away by holding onto him so tightly? Or that perhaps maybe after getting into a relationship with Candi, Alex just decided after 3 years of being with Candi, he didn't want to be with her anymore because he didn't think they were compatible?

Alex as we know, is a pretty honest guy. AND if he'd just been with Candi for the "thrill of the hunt" I think he probably would have left her a while ago. They could have broken up a week, a year or two earlier than three long years.

I think what happened was they were teens when they dated, they never had anything to test the strength of their relationship and college was the test. Their relationship was built on teenage hormones, comfortability and fantasy. If they really took a step back and looked at their relationship hard enough, they would have seen that it was riddled with flaws.

As an analogy, I see Alex more as a conservative and Candi as a liberal. Polar opposites of each other. Now while that may work for some people, it certainly didn't work for them. What they need is someone willing to put up with their bullshit and still love them for it.
User avatar
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby PhthaloBlue » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am

ShadeTail wrote:...? Uh, no, it isn't. I'm pointing out that things aren't always as neat and tidy as you're saying they are. That's not any kind of assumption, let alone an unsupported one.


But what I'm saying isn't unsupported like you say it is? If it wasn't supported, there wouldn't be so many people saying they can't understand why guys/girls leave them after they sleep with them. I'm just pointing out that there are people like that. And I've never met anyone who stayed with anyone for 3-5-10 years after the "thrill of the hunt" is gone.

ShadeTail wrote:But it *does* mean that your implicit assumption, that she's never given him a chance, isn't correct. And while she could change her mind, Jon wouldn't be a good boyfriend for her. Not the way he is, anyway. As others have pointed out, he's far too obsessed with his fantasy of Candi to deal well with an actual relationship.


Yeah she "gave" him a chance by going on ONE date with the BOY in HIGHSCHOOL. A lot can happen and people grow and they change. Who they were in highschool does not represent who they will become in the future.

Edit: As for Jon's "fantasies". Well, Candi lives in a fantasy world herself they both can be each other's prince and princess. I would also like to add, the bolded. I went back to look in my previous post, and I don't see anywhere I said or implicitly assumed that Candi never gave Jon a chance. In fact... I quote

PhthaloBlue wrote:Candi decided that she didn't want a relationship with Jon in the past but there's nothing that says she can't change her mind. I myself had a pretty decent relationship with someone who I'd assumed in the past, that I'd never go out with. Point is people change and so do their feelings.

I would like to add that while Candi decided in the past (highschool) that she didn't want to go out with Jon, she certainly thought about him after his kiss (at the nightclub) and she unwittingly fantasized about him.


All I said was that Candi decided in the past that she didn't want to go out with Jon. I never denied that she "gave" him a chance. I threw in my real life example just to say , yes it could happen and it is possible for a Candi/Jon type situation to happen.

ShadeTail wrote:And then there's the fact that Jon is clearly stuck in one of those "past the end-date" relationships I mentioned in my last post, which simply reinforces the conclusion that he doesn't deal well with relationships.


He doesn't deal well with relationships because he can't get over Candi, and he's always going to measure/compare every girl to Candi. What he needs is to ask out Candi (after breaking it off with Becca) or break off his relationship to Candi.

I don't think Candi truly knows all the crap Jon does for her, and if he's not there for her anymore I think she'll start to reflect upon their relationship and she may even deduce that she does have "those kind of feelings" for him. (Movies such as Emma, comes to mind)
Last edited by PhthaloBlue on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby WhizbangBlack » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:49 am

I think what happened was they were teens when they dated, they never had anything to test the strength of their relationship and college was the test. Their relationship was built on teenage hormones, comfortability and fantasy. If they really took a step back and looked at their relationship hard enough, they would have seen that it was riddled with flaws.


Agreed but then again, they're just kids. Not a lot of kids have the emotional maturity to look at their relationship beyond the "rose colored glass" and even with Alex, I don't think he had the maturity to. He wants to be mature, he acts what he thinks a mature person would do but he's just as childish as Candi. A lot of the time, he seemed angry at her and didn't really know why. Quite frankly, I'm glad they're broken up because they weren't that good for each other. Very left-wing meets right-wing, as you had mentioned.

I just wanted to state this because I don't really know when I'm going to be able to but I think Candi might become more mature than Alex. This belief mostly stems from the fact that she is alone and Alex just jumped into another relationship. A lot of personal growth happens when you're out of a relationship and I think Alex is going to miss that boat.
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Jon and Candi???

Postby PhthaloBlue » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:54 am

WhizbangBlack wrote:
I think what happened was they were teens when they dated, they never had anything to test the strength of their relationship and college was the test. Their relationship was built on teenage hormones, comfortability and fantasy. If they really took a step back and looked at their relationship hard enough, they would have seen that it was riddled with flaws.


Agreed but then again, they're just kids. Not a lot of kids have the emotional maturity to look at their relationship beyond the "rose colored glass" and even with Alex, I don't think he had the maturity to. He wants to be mature, he acts what he thinks a mature person would do but he's just as childish as Candi. A lot of the time, he seemed angry at her and didn't really know why. Quite frankly, I'm glad they're broken up because they weren't that good for each other. Very left-wing meets right-wing, as you had mentioned.

I just wanted to state this because I don't really know when I'm going to be able to but I think Candi might become more mature than Alex. This belief mostly stems from the fact that she is alone and Alex just jumped into another relationship. A lot of personal growth happens when you're out of a relationship and I think Alex is going to miss that boat.


I see them both being mature or experienced in different area's of their life. Alex is more mature, being that he's more responsible and very hardworking when it comes to school. (business before pleasure) While Candi is more mature/or experienced in dealing with people and feelings and certain relationships. I think they both complimented each other very well for a while, but obviously, they had more cons than pro's in their relationship and I too am glad they broke up.
User avatar
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron