Talk about the comic

You are insane...

Postby ravenstar84 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Bleh, I still don't like Becca. :P
ravenstar84
Top-Notch Truffle

Re: You are insane...

Postby miznic » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 pm

lol, well so much for the idea that they might TRY to be better acquaintances...
Dr Seuss would have been the greatest rapper of all time.
miznic
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Codefox » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 am

:lol: BFF isn't in their immediate future I think :lol:
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby mochaloca85 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:35 am

To be fair to Becca, that probably would've been my response to Candi, as well. Or to say "Uh-huh" and back away slowly.
mochaloca85
Quality Jelly Bean

Postby TheDWrek » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:39 am

miznic wrote:lol, well so much for the idea that they might TRY to be better acquaintances...

I've still got my fingers crossed. I like her. ;)
TheDWrek
Chewy Caramel

Postby Cholma » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:36 am

I thought Candi was going to say, "because you freak out anytime you see any animal."
Cholma
Quality Jelly Bean

Postby WhizbangBlack » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:15 am

To be fair to Becca, that probably would've been my response to Candi, as well. Or to say "Uh-huh" and back away slowly.

Why? You're the one with the squirrel on your shoulder! That's my problem with this, no one considers the possibility of rabies (the ferret, the squirrels, the rogue squirrel) and they call the people, who point out that harm could befall the character, crazy. :roll: w/e Becca, I hope this will later affect her and make her less of an uber-bitch.
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby MagicalScientistD » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:31 am

Well that isn't quite friendship, but I was pretty sure it was going to go one of two ways: them finding some common ground and friendship sparking or Becca being more angry and mean. Score one for bad attitude! LOL Candi's thought bubble is hilarious though because that's the kinda stuff my friends and I say about mean people. Also I think it's cute that the squirrel looked and Candi with a mean look to. Maybe Menjou will have an enemy in that squirrel after all; just because he belongs to Candi.
Im a grown child... Image
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby oldgirl » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:32 am

miznic wrote:lol, well so much for the idea that they might TRY to be better acquaintances...

I dunno, if the other squirrels come after hers for defecting she could have a "wow Candi was right, *these* squirrels *are* trying to kill us" moment. Menjou and Candi could save them! That would weird things up a bit. ;-)

I feel more conflicted about Becca than any of the others, on the one hand I don't like how she has behaved, on the other hand I have a lot of sympathy for her position with Jon, I've been there and it's no fun.

I have sympathy for Linda too, for that matter, her life experience so far may not have given her any example of how it even works to play nicely with others, or why she would even want to. If rules are always the justification for screwing you over then following rules looks pretty dumb. If one has never been treated decently in a personal relationship it is not necessarily obvious how that would even work, I have been there myself. Which is not to insult my parents, they were pretty reasonable in most ways, but it was not the same kind of relationship you have with someone who is not the boss of you, you know? I remember wanting to play nicely with others and having no idea where to even start, I can't explain how a person could be so clueless but I've been there so I know it happens. And I know you can get over it, and life is more fun if you do. Linda could still find that out. She's probably have a happier life if she did, for sure anyone who cared about her would. She could learn to use her manipulative b powers for good! (Yes, I confess, I prefer happy endings.)

This is a great development, anyway. :-)
oldgirl
Chewy Caramel

Postby Acidbuk » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:34 pm

does it make me a bad person to want that Squeral to eat Beccas face off too?
"Never do things by halves, if you love, love with all your soul, if you work, work your arse off, if you hate, hate until it hurts" - Henry Rollins.
Acidbuk
Super Skittle

Postby LadyRadagu » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 pm

mochaloca85 wrote:To be fair to Becca, that probably would've been my response to Candi, as well. Or to say "Uh-huh" and back away slowly.

Completely true. Ironically, however, I can easily hear Becca saying Candi's line there.
LadyRadagu
Quality Jelly Bean

Postby fireytiger » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 pm

yeah, I think for those of us who are simply "observers" of the Candi world, it makes perfect sense for one to ask Becca why the squirrel on her shoulder has not attempted to murder/mutilate/manipulate her. But in the real world, asking someone why squirrels haven't tried to kill them sounds rather out there. XD Becca kinda represents the real world reaction, because she doesn't talk to talking flying ferrets. :P
fireytiger
Gum Ball Boss

Postby maritza » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Honestly Becca is the one who's crazy.

I mean when one of your friends calls you psycho it's not a good sign.
http://www.crfh.net <--- Weird college antics since 1999
http://www.powernapcomic.com <--- my new scifi graphic novel with Bachan
maritza
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby mesmorino » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:59 am

Candi is such a colossal dumbass, it boggles the mind.
This is my soap box. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
mesmorino
Gum Ball Boss

Postby ShadeTail » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Becca's reaction was pretty much exactly what I expected. I was wondering if all those people thinking this might be the key to them starting a friendship were smoking something.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion