Here's a thought.

Talk about the comic

Here's a thought.

Postby WhizbangBlack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:26 am

:idea: We've all pretty much assumed that Alex, being Alex and his feelings for Candi, would dump Linda if he ever found out the truth of how they REALLY got together. Here's my thought: What if he doesn't do anything at all?

Alex has previously shown that he doesn't really care about the people around him (either excuses his behavior with his need to study or some other bulls-it excuse) and he does show some admiration for people who go after what they want. So, what if, after learning everything that went on, he just doesn't care and carries on as usual?

I'm actually curious what people would think of him after. So, thoughts? Comments?
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Re: Here's a thought.

Postby ShadeTail » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:33 am

This would belong in the Comics Discussion forum, but never mind that...

I don't see this as very likely. Alex is pretty touchy about being played around with (which is quite hypocritical of him, considering what he can excuse himself for doing, but I digress). If he found out just how badly Linda has been manipulating him, he'd probably be pretty pissed off.

If he *did* decide to let it go, my reaction would depend on why he decided to do that. It isn't as simple as him just shrugging his shoulders and giving it a pass. What was his immediate reaction? What was his thought-process that led him to his conclusion? Etc. Motives and circumstances make a difference.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby MagicalScientistD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 am

WhizbangBlack wrote::idea: We've all pretty much assumed that Alex, being Alex and his feelings for Candi, would dump Linda if he ever found out the truth of how they REALLY got together. Here's my thought: What if he doesn't do anything at all?

Alex has previously shown that he doesn't really care about the people around him (either excuses his behavior with his need to study or some other bulls-it excuse) and he does show some admiration for people who go after what they want. So, what if, after learning everything that went on, he just doesn't care and carries on as usual?

I'm actually curious what people would think of him after. So, thoughts? Comments?

That's actually an interesting perspective, that I definetly did not consider before. Although I'm pretty sure he would be very much pissed he's also very easily manipulated much like Candi is. So all Linda would need to do is be clever enough to spin a story to explain her actions or either deny them. I'm not sure if him getting even a glimpse of what she has done would be enough to result in her being dumped now. Something to think about. :geek:
Im a grown child... Image
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Starline » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:43 am

Moved the thread to the right forum. :)
Starline
Comic Creator

Postby WhizbangBlack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:40 am

This would belong in the Comics Discussion forum, but never mind that...

Sorry! My bad >.<

So all Linda would need to do is be clever enough to spin a story to explain her actions or either deny them.

Linda gives me the impression of being a really bad liar when caught by surprise so I think her first instinct would be to deny deny deny until she had some time to come up with a story.
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby Codefox » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah, Linda isn't particularly good at deception. Her two victims are just clueless & naive ;)
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby MagicalScientistD » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:33 am

Codefox wrote:Yeah, Linda isn't particularly good at deception. Her two victims are just clueless & naive ;)

LOL now that I think of it that might be true. Alex and Candi are kinda clueless.
Im a grown child... Image
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby DDR_Ninja » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 pm

I hadn't thought of it that way, Alex and Candi are actually the two most naive characters now that I think about it. That kind of puts forward the argument that they're just so right for each other. As Jason Lee's character in the movie Mall Rats did say, "you guys are RETARDED for each other." XD Which is not to make light of mental defects in the slightest, by the way. Just trying to make a funny film quote.

But on the subject, as interesting as this idea is, I'm inclined to think that Alex would be furious to realize that he was being completely suckered into Linda's plots and deception, especially if he were to discover that everyone else had already figured this out BEFORE he did. But, still, if Linda can piece together a good or convincing enough explanation, he might actually fall for it. One thing for certain though, either way, I cracked up when I saw the strip where Candi daydreams about punching Linda's lights out and I kind of want to see that actually happen. XD

[disappears]
REAL NINJA ROCK ON WITH THEIR MASKS ON
DDR_Ninja
Peanut Butter Cup Captain

Return to Candi Comics Discussion