[13MAR2009] Squirrel on your shoulder

Talk about the comic

Re: [13MAR2009] Squirrel on your shoulder

Postby Codefox » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:21 pm

I'd like to see them become friends...but Becca seriously needs to lose her attitude.
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby PhthaloBlue » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Codefox wrote:I'd like to see them become friends...but Becca seriously needs to lose her attitude.

Meh, Candi doesn't like Becca either, in fact when Jon introduced them both, they both disliked each other off the bat. Becca just keeps it real, where as Candi pretends everything's fine, or just tries to ignore the elephant in the room.

I think that Becca would be a good person for Candi to get to know, seeing as how her best friend is dating Becca. It would make things a lot better for Jon too, and as someone else mentioned, would probably mellow Becca out.

Candi likes animals, Becca no. Becca has shown problems with anything that isn't human but the squirrel might open her up. The problem is the fact that Becca is insecure (with good reason) about Jon's feelings towards Candi and she doesn't know or trust Candi enough to keep to herself. She might be one of those girls who doesn't like ANY kind of girl being around "her man" so she will never fully like Candi and the constant jealousy/possessiveness will probably push Jon away if she isn't careful.

I'm sure that if she did have issues with Jon being around girls, she'd say something about him living with a house filled with them. So far she hasn't said anything about Laura or Jess or Linda. I think that means she's ok with them? For now at least.
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Codefox » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Candi clearly is clearly the better judge of people than Jon. Becca didn't like Candi because she sees her as a rival. Which she isn't. Becca is just petty and insecure with herself. Candi probably sensed that Becca was obnoxious. :lol:
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby Kish » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:39 pm

I would say Becca's absolutely right that Jon's too fixated on Candi to really care about her. Where she goes wrong is in blaming Candi for that, rather than Jon, when traditionally Candi has treated Jon's obsessive crush on her like an annoyance more than anything else.
Kish
Gum Ball Boss

Postby miznic » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 pm

No I'm not at UGA, I attend Fort Valley State University it's a smallish college 25 mins from Macon and an hour and a half from Atlanta. But we have partner programs with UGA, and my friends tell me their squirrels are evil to lol. I'm headed there for law school.

Heh, well I'll be damned. Somebody from my area. I'm at Macon State, Warner Robins campus - relocated here from Tampa (my fiance is a computer engineer at Robins AFB).

(and here I thought the population in this place was like three people and a dog...)

Anyhoo, sorry for the off-topic there... Carry on... rofl
Dr Seuss would have been the greatest rapper of all time.
miznic
Gum Ball Boss

Postby miznic » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:02 am

Codefox wrote:I'd like to see them become friends...but Becca seriously needs to lose her attitude.

That's more what I was thinking too. It might be an opening for them to be friends. Becca probably wouldn't feel so threatened if she and Candi actually just sat down and talked - even if it didn't turn out for them to be friends.

That squirrel being rogue just might help, who knows.
Dr Seuss would have been the greatest rapper of all time.
miznic
Gum Ball Boss

Postby WhizbangBlack » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 am

I'm sure that if she did have issues with Jon being around girls, she'd say something about him living with a house filled with them. So far she hasn't said anything about Laura or Jess or Linda. I think that means she's ok with them? For now at least.

Probably hasn't said anything about that because Jon can turn around and say the same thing right back at her since she lives with her brother and one other guy. Plus she'd really look like an ass because it IS the scholarship house, which means that Jon can't just easily pack up and leave like a regular dorm. There's also Candi's status with Jon that's taken into consideration; Candi is Jon's best friend (even with the crush) so she is prominate in Jon's life, unlike the other girls. They're just friends (or people he talks with) so they can be blown off to spend more time with Becca but Jon wouldn't do that if it was Candi (unless it wasn't exactly important).
However, I maintain my belief that if Candi weren't there, Becca would focus on the other girls. Candi right now is the main obsticle in Becca's path, so to speak, at the moment, all the other girls can wait.
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby MagicalScientistD » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:39 am

miznic wrote:
No I'm not at UGA, I attend Fort Valley State University it's a smallish college 25 mins from Macon and an hour and a half from Atlanta. But we have partner programs with UGA, and my friends tell me their squirrels are evil to lol. I'm headed there for law school.

Heh, well I'll be damned. Somebody from my area. I'm at Macon State, Warner Robins campus - relocated here from Tampa (my fiance is a computer engineer at Robins AFB).

(and here I thought the population in this place was like three people and a dog...)

Anyhoo, sorry for the off-topic there... Carry on... rofl

Wow! It really is a small world! I feel for you cause I had to get used to the "middle of nowhere" like quality of Middle Georgia lol. Although Warner Robins is trying. That's pretty cool though I never thought I would see anyone from this area either. :lol:
I also apologize for both of the off-topics I contributed to. :D
Im a grown child... Image
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby PhthaloBlue » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Kish wrote:I would say Becca's absolutely right that Jon's too fixated on Candi to really care about her. Where she goes wrong is in blaming Candi for that, rather than Jon, when traditionally Candi has treated Jon's obsessive crush on her like an annoyance more than anything else.

Actually, Candi's too dependant on Jon and that leads to trouble. I believe Starline said before that Candi knows about Jon's crush, she just chooses to ignore it, and that's a pretty "jerk" thing to do. She's not dealing with the problem, she's just letting it fester and evolve into something else. The smart and mature thing to do would be to talk to Jon about his obsession which might clear the air a little.

I think that Becca's right to blame Candi for some of Jon's issues, and she doesn't only blame Candi, Becca's confronted Jon as well, I guess the reason why we haven't seen her do it recently is because she just doesn't have to anymore since Jon's decided to butt out of Candi's life, and deal with his own.

Probably hasn't said anything about that because Jon can turn around and say the same thing right back at her since she lives with her brother and one other guy. Plus she'd really look like an ass because it IS the scholarship house, which means that Jon can't just easily pack up and leave like a regular dorm. There's also Candi's status with Jon that's taken into consideration; Candi is Jon's best friend (even with the crush) so she is prominate in Jon's life, unlike the other girls. They're just friends (or people he talks with) so they can be blown off to spend more time with Becca but Jon wouldn't do that if it was Candi (unless it wasn't exactly important).
However, I maintain my belief that if Candi weren't there, Becca would focus on the other girls. Candi right now is the main obsticle in Becca's path, so to speak, at the moment, all the other girls can wait.

Becca has defended Laura (of all the girl roomies) during the whole Matt VS Trevor VS Laura ordeal. (Laura who's been cited by the sexy police several times) IF she has no qualms about Jon living with Laura, then I'm pretty sure, she probably doesn't have any issues with Linda or Jess. I think the only reason why she doesn't like Candi, is because she knows that Jon likes her... or prefers to hang out with Candi over Becca (who's his gf).
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss

Previous

Return to Candi Comics Discussion