[13MAR2009] Squirrel on your shoulder

Talk about the comic

[13MAR2009] Squirrel on your shoulder

Postby Cholma » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:00 am

Oh boy. Considering how Becca feels about Candi, I see this only ending badly.

OTOH, I love the panel layout in this one. Great job, Star!
Cholma
Quality Jelly Bean

Re: [13MAR2009] Squirrel on your shoulder

Postby TheDWrek » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am

Indeed. The layout and backgrounds look amazing.

Plus! I know how much you love drawing bricks, Star. :)
TheDWrek
Chewy Caramel

Postby Kish » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:42 am

Oh, I see a lot of intriguing possibilities here. Becca squaring off against every other cast member who's interacted with the squirrels, with Becca actually being right...
Kish
Gum Ball Boss

Postby WhizbangBlack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:17 am

Well the squirrel is rogue so.... hmmm, what if the ferret killed that squirrel? Would give more reason for Becca to hate Candi. :roll: Though it doesn't take much for that to happen
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby MagicalScientistD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 am

Am I the only one who thinks this might be an opening for Candi and Becca to be friends? Like someone else said, the squirrel has gone rouge and maybe he won't be a threat to Candi and Menjou. However, this sparks a conversation between them. Then again it might be fuel for a bigger rift between them and more jealousy and hate on Becca's fault. I'm thinking it might go like this...

Candi: You know the crazy guy who tried to kill me kept saying he was being pushed by squirrels

Becca: And you believe that crazyness?

Candi: I don't know, but it might be bad news anyway.

Becca: You think you're the only one who knows anything! You're not the only one who can have a cute animal pal! *Angrily leaves*

Candi: ??????

LOL maybe that's a little over dramatic or bad writing but I think it could go something like that.
But I also just want to say that I am a college student, and maybe its a trend but our squirrels are evil to!!!!!! I know Starline went to school in Florida, and I attend to college in Georgia maybe the squirrels are related. But our squirrels are known to attack people, steal food, and sneak in dorms and buildings. I even got a picture of a squirrel stealing students Burger King and dragging it up a tree. :shock: And me and a friend were almost attacked by three lol. I wonder if evil squirrels populate every college campus lol.
Im a grown child... Image
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Codefox » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:52 am

They do I think. But ours had to survive Gators so they're nastier. :lol: You're not at UGA are you?
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby MagicalScientistD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 am

Codefox wrote:They do I think. But ours had to survive Gators so they're nastier. :lol: You're not at UGA are you?

No I'm not at UGA, I attend Fort Valley State University it's a smallish college 25 mins from Macon and an hour and a half from Atlanta. But we have partner programs with UGA, and my friends tell me their squirrels are evil to lol. I'm headed there for law school.
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Codefox » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am

I was about to say good for you until you said you were headed there for law school. :lol: And you have such good taste in anime (as evidenced by your inuyasha av)!
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby MagicalScientistD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:27 am

Codefox wrote:I was about to say good for you until you said you were headed there for law school. :lol: And you have such good taste in anime (as evidenced by your inuyasha av)!

I know :( lol I'm so torn because I wanna just be a novelist and maybe have my own webcomic or do graphic novels, but I also wanna pay bills, and I don't know what I would do with just an English degree (besides teach *yucky*). I figure if I become a lawyer maybe I can support myself and still pursue my passions. I really wanna go to grad school though and keep pursuing English and Art.
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby Codefox » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:28 am

No reason at all you can't do both :)
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Postby ShadeTail » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:49 am

Birds are much more evil.

Though for some reason, they're using their evil for the side of light this time. :)

When are we going to learn about that...parrot(?) anyway? It's already had at least a couple conversations with Jon, even before the whole squirrel thing really happened.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby PhthaloBlue » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:17 pm

I think this is a good thing for Candi and Becca. They're talking at least and now it seems they both like cute animals, and they're friends with animals who've turned their backs on the squirrel mafia. An opportunity of friendship could happen.
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss

Postby WhizbangBlack » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:17 pm

They're talking at least and now it seems they both like cute animals

Candi likes animals, Becca no. Becca has shown problems with anything that isn't human but the squirrel might open her up. The problem is the fact that Becca is insecure (with good reason) about Jon's feelings towards Candi and she doesn't know or trust Candi enough to keep to herself. She might be one of those girls who doesn't like ANY kind of girl being around "her man" so she will never fully like Candi and the constant jealousy/possessiveness will probably push Jon away if she isn't careful.
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby Tarvok » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:20 pm

MagicalScientistD wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this might be an opening for Candi and Becca to be friends?

Nope, I'm with you on this, also. That'd be a neat twist, if a budding friendship with 'Becca was the thing to help her get over Alex. I think it'd help 'Becca, too. Right now, to her, Candi just just "that girl Jon likes." If she got to know Candi better, not only could she mellow out, she might even get better at keeping Jon focused (or at least feeling like she is).

MagicalScientistD wrote:Like someone else said, the squirrel has gone rouge and maybe he won't be a threat to Candi and Menjou.

Really? I didn't know Menjou was in the makeup business. Is that a new brand? (Not that I know anything about it.) :lol:
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Postby MagicalScientistD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Tarvok wrote:
MagicalScientistD wrote:Like someone else said, the squirrel has gone rouge and maybe he won't be a threat to Candi and Menjou.

Really? I didn't know Menjou was in the makeup business. Is that a new brand? (Not that I know anything about it.) :lol:

LOL, wow I'm sorry "rogue". :oops: Term papers have officially fried my brains. I apologize for the misspell/bad usage it probably won't be the last time though.
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Next

Return to Candi Comics Discussion