I Feel Stupid 3-11-2009

Talk about the comic

I Feel Stupid 3-11-2009

Postby Codefox » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, its a first step. She does know that he's been fleeced like she has. Its so hard to be friends with an ex though. You might think there are no feelings left but they come back and just make you miserable.
Codefox
Superior Sugar Cane

Re: I Feel Stupid 3-11-2009

Postby maritza » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Geez Candi, he's a terrible friend. Get better friends.
http://www.crfh.net <--- Weird college antics since 1999
http://www.powernapcomic.com <--- my new scifi graphic novel with Bachan
maritza
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby miznic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 am

I'm optimistic. This self-discovery phase just might be what she needed. Keeping Alex even as a good friend is not in the cards for her - college is a time to broaden your horizons, and here's hoping she'll be able to do just that. Maybe down the line, when she's matured a little bit, Candi might be able to be just friends with Alex... I just don't see it happening right now, or anytime in the near future.
miznic
Gum Ball Boss

Postby TheDWrek » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am

Poor Candi. Strips like these hit close to the heart as people who've gone through breakups can recall what they went through and relate to her current thought process. *is deep in thought* :(

On the artistic side of things, I always loved how Star captures the moment just right with the way she draws her characters facial expressions.
TheDWrek
Chewy Caramel

Postby fireytiger » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:30 am

Candiiii, don't feel stupid D; You're not the only one who's thought this way about their ex, trying to figure out exactly what it is you're feeling.

Ugh, this comic reminds me waaaaay too much of my life. XD
fireytiger
Gum Ball Boss

Postby MagicalScientistD » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 am

fireytiger wrote:Candiiii, don't feel stupid D; You're not the only one who's thought this way about their ex, trying to figure out exactly what it is you're feeling.

Ugh, this comic reminds me waaaaay too much of my life. XD

I so agree! It's an agonizing experience, and I am all too familiar with it. I'm glad Candi has finally realized that Alex as a boyfriend doesn't make her happy!
I'm not sure if she should be friends with him, at least not right away. Her being friends with him doesn't fit in to my plan of Alex getting his just desserts. But according to Matt it just might lol! I just hope she will be able to figure out what she needs to do. I really feel she should stay away from him for awhile.
Last edited by MagicalScientistD on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im a grown child... Image
MagicalScientistD
Cool Gummi Bear

Postby ShadeTail » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:05 am

I was "luckier," depending on your point of view. Most of the guys I dated before meeting my husband turned out to be total jerks, and I didn't have any trouble with the breakup (which often consisted of just refusing to talk to them anymore). I guess those experiences toughened me a bit when it came to breaking up with the couple of guys who were at least nominally nice.

One of the "nice" guys was a lot like Alex, actually, which is why I have absolutely no sympathy for him.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Innes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 pm

I get how she feels.

I usually feel this way for about a week or two before I cut off all contact with anyone who was ever associated with the ex.

I go through more friends that way....
Innes
Junior Mint

Postby WhizbangBlack » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:47 pm

I just hope she doesn't cut her hair like I did after my bad break up. At the time, I didn't know about the "no cutting hair after breakup" rule (cause you REAAAAALLLY regret it later) and I spent my sophmore to senior year (highschool) growing it back out from a pixie cut. Even now it's at shoulder length and I sometimes get the urge to chop it all off again after a break up but Candi's hair is pretty and it would REALLY be stupid if she cut it off. :shock:
---
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man! Tell me baby, can you dig your man?" (The Stand, Stephen King)
"We're MEN! MANLY MEN! We're men in tights - YES!" (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
WhizbangBlack
Chocolate Champion

Postby Perdita » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm

WhizbangBlack wrote:I just hope she doesn't cut her hair like I did after my bad break up. At the time, I didn't know about the "no cutting hair after breakup" rule (cause you REAAAAALLLY regret it later) and I spent my sophmore to senior year (highschool) growing it back out from a pixie cut. Even now it's at shoulder length and I sometimes get the urge to chop it all off again after a break up but Candi's hair is pretty and it would REALLY be stupid if she cut it off. :shock:

I dye my hair, normally, after a break up. It's not as permanent. Plus, the change is always good if you're doing it for yourself and not out of spite. Getting a hot new style that garners a lot of positive attention is an ego boost that can be very helpful to someone as insecure as Candi. But first, she needs to figure out that's he's a worse friend that he was a boyfriend and decide for herself that moving on is the best option.
Perdita
Quality Jelly Bean

Postby Tarvok » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm

lol, no cutting the hair after a breakup, eh? I once shaved my beard off after a breakup. Not a big deal; it grows back. But maybe there's just something cathartic about chopping off the hair. :lol:
Tarvok
Super Skittle

Postby PhthaloBlue » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Codefox wrote:Well, its a first step. She does know that he's been fleeced like she has. Its so hard to be friends with an ex though. You might think there are no feelings left but they come back and just make you miserable.

I think the two of them attempting to be "friends" is insane. It's nice(?) but unrealistic. Candi still cares a lot for Alex and she hasn't really moved on from him yet. She needs to go date around or do something that makes her happy and start depending on herself again. Alex really just needs to be by himself because I don't know if he knows how to be in a relationship. He's just too... socially inept (awkward?) to be in one. I think it'll take him a while to actually get to the point where he knows bf/gf/SO relationships just aren't for him. (Unless he learns or someone teaches him how to be more social)
PhthaloBlue
Gum Ball Boss

Postby Darkmeadow » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 pm

PhthaloBlue wrote:
Codefox wrote:Well, its a first step. She does know that he's been fleeced like she has. Its so hard to be friends with an ex though. You might think there are no feelings left but they come back and just make you miserable.

I think the two of them attempting to be "friends" is insane. It's nice(?) but unrealistic. Candi still cares a lot for Alex and she hasn't really moved on from him yet. She needs to go date around or do something that makes her happy and start depending on herself again. Alex really just needs to be by himself because I don't know if he knows how to be in a relationship. He's just too... socially inept (awkward?) to be in one. I think it'll take him a while to actually get to the point where he knows bf/gf/SO relationships just aren't for him. (Unless he learns or someone teaches him how to be more social)

I Agree being friends with Alex isn't possible. I don't even think it's possible down the road, I've NEVER manged to stay "friends" with an ex. You just can't, even if you want to. Which I never have I always end up dumping him when he turns out to be a monster in mens clothing. So I decided it's safer to be single.
:geek: THE POWER OF NON-DATING COMPELS ME!!! :geek:
In the end of all things...
I look at what I learned...
And stand firm in that knowledge...
Darkmeadow
Chewy Caramel

Postby ShadeTail » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 am

It has occurred to me to wonder. Everyone is assuming that when Candi says she misses her friend, she's talking about Alex. Maybe she's talking about *Linda*. They were friends before Linda betrayed her, after all. Alex, by contrast, was her *boyfriend*, not her friend.
ShadeTail
Glucose Sucrose Fructose

Postby Darkmeadow » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:18 am

It's possible. I'll give you that...after all as mad as she is at Linda, Candi, is a good person... She could very well miss the days that came before. hmm...
In the end of all things...
I look at what I learned...
And stand firm in that knowledge...
Darkmeadow
Chewy Caramel

Return to Candi Comics Discussion